• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Liverpool Sunday 24 November, KO: 16:00, White Hart Lane

#181 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:33

hes had this problem for a while and to be honest dont think he was 100% when he started.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#182 Guest_Go Team_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:36

The booing started very early too. I thought he was ok, some of his passing was terrible. but he did work hard and put in tackles. I think a run of games will help him get a better feeling for where players are and his passing will improve. Hope so anyway. i like him.

Sooner Hudd gets back the better tho it shows the player he's become that we miss him this much when he's out.

As for conceding goals. Harry plays with a very loose structure. Good to watch, enjoyable for the platyers but we don't have the disciplin to keep clean sheets. So far its going ok for us but its a risky game.

#183 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:58

QUOTE (Tommospur @ Nov 29 2010, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
'Integrity at stake'? Give me a break man. angry2.gif
All I said in his defence was that his passing improved as the game went on, and that it was probably at about 60% over the entire match - which is poor for a defensive midfielder who's avarage pass distance is 10-15 feet. I even said it wasn't good enough.
His tackling and strength in the midfield against a Liverpool side who were 'physical' to say the least was valuable today, and for anyone jeering him during play today - f***ing shame on you and p!ss off to the Emirates where that sort of behaviour towards individuals is widely applauded.
Take Wilson out of the team today, replace him with Jenas and we would have been even more open - you can't have it both ways. Maybe more by luck than good judgement, but he didn't actually cost us any goals today, and may well have prevented us conceding more.

He gave the ball away too many times, and the fact it didn't cost us any goals is a miracle. A decent team would have buried us by half time. How you know what would have happened if Jenas was on the pitch is beyond me:yawn:

We know what Wilson is good at, but his passing needs to improve alot if he wants to start in the team. If that means he has to give it easy once he wins his tackles then obviously that will slow down our counter attacking slightly, but i'd rather he did that then leave us stranded up the pitch. But in all honesty some of his mis-placed passes weren't even difficult.

If Jenas had committed those errors you wouldn't have been so forgiving would you? angry2.gif

#184 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:21

This was a big, big game and the result does potentially send out a message, especially to Liverpool themselves...could be the end of an era there. Furthermore, the F.A. Cup draw certainly made it a 'Bad Day at Blackrock' for them!
Now that the euphoria has sub-sided, I think there are areas of concern which must be addressed if we are to progress to where we want to be. As has been pointed out above, given the way we play and the attacking nature of most of our midfielders, a defensive central midfielder is key. If we leave the defence exposed like we did at times yesterday the best teams will beat us comprehensively. San Siro was a lesson that must be learnt. In some respects Wilson's job should be an easy one; patrol across the pitch just in front of the defence, win the ball cleanly when necessary and give a simple and easy ball to one of his more skilful team mates. There is no need for him to try threading passes through the eye of a needle...keep it simple! As for booing, dreadful and counter-productive...although he was winding me up during the first half. I would also play him against Birmingham.
One final point, going behind on the stroke of half-time is always bad news, but then to lose discipline and charge upfield like the Light Brigade, in a desperate search for an early equaliser and nearly concede a second, is even worse. 'Arry needs to instil in the team some sense...sometimes in those circumstances it is better to keep the ball, see out the last few minutes and then re-group during half-time. Even Mad Willy was guilty of this yesterday, his only mistake I think, but it should have been punished.
Great win and great excitement, but no good for the nerves! rolleyes.gif

#185 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 29 November 2010 - 14:09

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Nov 29 2010, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He gave the ball away too many times, and the fact it didn't cost us any goals is a miracle. A decent team would have buried us by half time. How you know what would have happened if Jenas was on the pitch is beyond me:yawn:

We know what Wilson is good at, but his passing needs to improve alot if he wants to start in the team. If that means he has to give it easy once he wins his tackles then obviously that will slow down our counter attacking slightly, but i'd rather he did that then leave us stranded up the pitch. But in all honesty some of his mis-placed passes weren't even difficult.

If Jenas had committed those errors you wouldn't have been so forgiving would you? angry2.gif

The question has already been answered, check back.
I did not bring Jenas into it, I just responded when asked about him. Not every chance they had was down to Palacios and he nipped several attacks in the bud.
Yes I can picture what would've happened with JJ on the field because I've seen it many, many times against physical sides - the loss away to Wolves last year springs to mind as an example of him being 'dominated'. Sure there are many others.
I criticised Wilson's passing, lauded his defensive work. All I said is his distribution improved as the game wore on - he's rusty and the crowd/some on the thread are on his back in a second, of course the weakest part of his game is going to crack first when you're playing under pressure in a public arena.
You're worried about us being too open, he's the answer in our squad, you want to go for it and not bother about conceding goals - opt for Jenas but don't whinge when we concede.
Let's move on because I can't be bothered with this yet again - we're never gonna agree on this so f*** it.
Don't mention either and neither will I, was just defending my favorite of the two, which is my absolute right.
I will not have my 'credibility' questioned by you, or anyone else - I think it's fair enough to say I've contributed enough to discussions on this site for that sort of statement to be dismissed out of hand.

#186 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 29 November 2010 - 18:49

The integrity line was tongue in cheek, it obviously got taken the wrong way. So f*** it, its got silly now.

#187 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 29 November 2010 - 20:17

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Nov 29 2010, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The integrity line was tongue in cheek, it obviously got taken the wrong way. So f*** it, its got silly now.

Ok mate, I believe you to be genuine and value your contributions to on-site debates so hostilities are at an end! nice1.gif cheers.gif

#188 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 29 November 2010 - 21:04

cheers.gif No worries

#189 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 30 November 2010 - 13:18

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26...6537414,00.html

@0:35: It's designed to carry 10 mugs... lmao.gif

And another one. Did anyone notice cheeky 'Arry talk about "the library" on the post-match interview on Match of the Day? Have a look, absolutely brilliant:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...pur/9236270.stm

#190 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 30 November 2010 - 13:50

Highbury isn't it? He's living in the past...

#191 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 30 November 2010 - 15:00

QUOTE (Tommospur @ Nov 30 2010, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Highbury isn't it? He's living in the past...

I guess your right. Upon first listen I really though he said Library...

#192 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:31

i watched the game on Liverpool tv last night. Very funny listening to the commentators moan for 90 minutes. They really hate Kuyt!

They gave the ref a real bollocking too.

Overall i thought we were quite patchy. I wouldnt say our problems were down to wilson. He was no worse than the rest of our side in the first half. He made mistakes passing but there were alot of other mistakes made as well. Our set pieces were poor all game (penalties included).

Second half was much better, faster tempo - closing down the midfield much better.

Over the next few week defoe and lennon are the keys to our success (with hudd, vdv out etc). These 2 need to step up and have a big impact. Better from lennon in the second half, but defoe is rusty still (expected i guess). he needs a goal or two and fast.

#193 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:24

QUOTE (Tommospur @ Nov 28 2010, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(would love to hear what the crowd think they're achieving by booing him, sounds like the sort of thing Gooner fans do to me),

yh tht pissed me off too

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users