• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Liverpool Sunday 24 November, KO: 16:00, White Hart Lane

#21 Guest_aussispurs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 21:42

Liverpools poor form is a bit overstated. two games ago they soundly beat chelsea, then lost away to stoke.

I think they are inconsistent, but their best is very good and worst is poor .... a bit like a team close to our hearts.

I think its all about who turns up (both sides)

If there best turns up against ours it will be a draw.

Otherwise if they turn up and we dont, we will get done (and vise versa)

I am not confident as usual - too much good news around at the moment i am bracing for the fall.

2-0, 0-0 or 0-2

#22 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 26 November 2010 - 22:53

A very winnable game and I really believe we will beat Liverpool 2-1, with Peter Crouch getting the first. .

#23 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:30

QUOTE (aussispurs @ Nov 26 2010, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Liverpools poor form is a bit overstated. two games ago they soundly beat chelsea, then lost away to stoke.

I think they are inconsistent, but their best is very good and worst is poor .... a bit like a team close to our hearts.

I think its all about who turns up (both sides)

If there best turns up against ours it will be a draw.

Otherwise if they turn up and we dont, we will get done (and vise versa)

I am not confident as usual - too much good news around at the moment i am bracing for the fall.

2-0, 0-0 or 0-2

Completely agree with you, apart from the bold part. We are now better than them and we are at home. If the best of both sides were to turn up, we win without a doubt.

#24 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:44

No gerrard, no win for Pool. If they play well they could get a draw.

#25 Guest_vdvaart-legend_*

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:38

If we can keep the momentum going from the last game and a half, got to be a win for us. Think they'll struggle with Bale and a hopefully on form Lennon. Just worried that if Liverpool score first they do have the players to make it difficult for us to get back in the game.

#26 Guest_FergoSpurs_*

Posted 27 November 2010 - 19:36

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Nov 26 2010, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
shock.gif Is this genuine concern for JJ's wellbeing Fergo, or are you just worried that a long term injury will hamper any chance of selling him in January nice1.gif

Thought you might like that one!!

No honestly, he wasn't on for long but I thought he was good. One game will not turn my overall opinion but as I said before if he plays well (in my opinion) then I'm happy to say so....

Also I think we need him back and playing well given that Hudd is out for a while.

Obviously the second he plays cr@p I will jump all over him and clamour for him to be sold as usual grinny.gif but if he plays with a good attitude then I wish him well and it would be stupid not to support him whilst he wears our shirt with pride. cheers.gif

Anyway - by my maths we have a chance to climb the table with a win and City slipped up a bit today too. So COYS and I really think we have a good chance in this one. nice1.gif

#27 Guest_obi_*

Posted 28 November 2010 - 14:40

we really need to win this one. man citys slip up gives us a chance to get in to touch distance of top four, also we should take this opportunity to build some distance between us and pool,sunderland,blackpool etc. upper middletable. Also fourth win in a row would be important for selfbelive/confidence of our team.

At WHL I think we can win anyone, but like wigan shoewed us earlier we can also lose to anyone. Anyhow I belive that we are much storger now than we were when we losed to wigan, but also liverpool is not as bad as many would like to think. like said they are only 3points behind us. point wise they might not be far behind us but their performances, from few matches that i have seen, they are no where near us. so without underestimate our opponent i think we should win this one. Even that they are without gerrard i don't think it will be wise to go too attacking, like someone said modric&VDV in middle. we need to be careful and bring our battling spirit to this macht. my line-up: vdv and jenas to start if fit, anyway no too much need to risk anybody. maybe first half/first hour to them and then rest if possible.

gomes
hutton-kaboul-gallas-bae
lennon/vdv-jenas/palancios-modric-bale
defoe-crouch

2-0 to victory

#28 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 28 November 2010 - 15:08

VDV and Wilson start Defoe on bench

#29 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 28 November 2010 - 15:11

TEAM - Gomes; Hutton, Gallas, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Palacios, Modric, Bale; Van der Vaart; Crouch.

#30 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 28 November 2010 - 15:15

SUBS - Cudicini, Bassong, Corluka, Kranjcar, Sandro, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

#31 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 28 November 2010 - 15:28

Liverpool
25 Reina
02 G Johnson
03 Konchesky
23 Carragher
37 Skrtel
04 Raul Meireles
17 Maxi
21 Lucas
09 Torres
18 Kuyt
24 Ngog
Substitutes
01 Jones, 06 Aurelio, 16 Kyrgiakos, 28 C Poulsen, 33 Shelvey, 14 Jovanovic, 19 Babel

#32 Guest_FergoSpurs_*

Posted 28 November 2010 - 15:28

QUOTE (Darren @ Nov 28 2010, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SUBS - Cudicini, Bassong, Corluka, Kranjcar, Sandro, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

Is defoe still not fully fit? Wouls definitely have started him if he was - otherwise... looks good IMO>

#33 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 28 November 2010 - 15:31

Down with the formation, as long as VDV doesn't drop too deep, let him play higher up, or at least don't give him too much instruction to become a fifth midfielder.

Part of me wonders why this is a 4-4-1-1, yet when Keane plays its a 4-4-2. To be honest, Keane used to drop just as deep so there ain't any difference.

#34 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 28 November 2010 - 15:50

cannot wait to see bale terrorise johnson (which will then hopefully prevent johnson from going forward) and lennon v konchesky... looks like we have an advantage on the wings:)

#35 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 28 November 2010 - 16:09

SEEE why is VDV playing that deep ?! There is no need with Modric there. Don't know if its Harry doing that or whether VDV just does it himself

#36 User is offline   Craig 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Location:Uaushfyddgididryaisetrdirepdrrudoeuydifuspspsosiprgudosusdosp

Posted 28 November 2010 - 16:14

Looks like Van Der Vaart's game could be up already.

#37 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 28 November 2010 - 16:16

aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh WILSON !!

How could he not get that tp Lennon?!, his passing MUST get better

#38 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 28 November 2010 - 16:17

QUOTE (EuanW @ Nov 28 2010, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh WILSON !!

How could he not get that tp Lennon?!, his passing MUST get better

The crowd giving him direct s*** is not on though.

#39 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 28 November 2010 - 16:17

VdV leaving is pretty unfortunate...

palacios needs to chill on the sexy time passing and focus on game control.

#40 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 28 November 2010 - 16:21

Wonder if VDV was properly warmed up, muscles go so easily in this weather......

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users