Planet Spurs Forums: Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Chelsea - Planet Spurs Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Chelsea Sunday 12 December 2010, KO: 16:00 GMT, White Hart Lane

#1 Guest_Stephan_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 18:55

After our disappointing draw at Birmingham we need to bounce back to keep up with the big boys. This game could be a spectacular one just as last year with Chelsea hoping to bounce back form a mediocre run of games. Let's hope their current dip will be to our advantage on Sunday to snatch another 3 points in a London derby.

Last time out

Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 1 Chelsea
'15 Defoe (pen) 1-0
'44 Bale 2-0
'90+2 Lampard 2-1

Team form

D W W W D - Tottenham Hotspur
W L L D D - Chelsea

History

Source: My Football Facts

Match background

Following...

#2 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 06 December 2010 - 19:09

This is going to be a bloody big game for us when we have a midweek game
in the CL football.This is a game we must not lose and do we have the players
to turn up to play and beat Chelsea.I want the mighty SPURS to march up the
table to at least 4th place so we must win win win win win win win Saturday.
1940Spursman8...coys///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// yahoo.gif

#3 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain

Posted 06 December 2010 - 19:11

Sorry This game is on Sunday so sorry. praying.gif

#4 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 06 December 2010 - 19:25

At this stage, it shouldn't really be coming down to 'must win' against Chelsea, to stay amongst the front runners, but here we are, and if we don't win, we are going to be lagging off the pace and in danger of going back into the pack.

Lets just hope and pray we do win then, but we shouldn't have to be pinning our hopes on a match against the champions. If come the end of next weekend, we are adrift, it'll be down to points already dropped, not a loss against Chelsea.

Pace, energy and attack are the best measures here. Hit them hard quickly, like last season. Don't let them settle and find confidence, because they are sure to be feeling the pressure from a few dodgy results, and will have last season's WHL game in the back of their mind.

#5 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 07 December 2010 - 14:16

Every game is a must win, we are at home therefore we should believe we will win

#6 Guest_Gladiator_*

Posted 07 December 2010 - 21:57

Back when this game was, I was in France on a ski trip.

Missed the sunday game vs pompey in the cup
Missed the game vs arsenal at home
Missed the game vs chelsea at home.

I remember after the arsenal game looking at my ipod score centre, thinking how, and the next day I went on youtube and started dancing around the hotel when I saw the Rose goal.

Anyway, back to the topic, should expect a very close game, I hope Bale goes and exploits Boswinga as he attacks a lot and Bale can get past him - or if Ivanovic is playing he can easily beat him.
Hopefully Lennon can do the same on the opposite flank.

#7 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2010 - 22:13

If we can win this match not only is it a fantastic 3 points but the lads will have so much conifidence to take forward. Just topped the CL group and weve beaten Arsenal and Liverpool recently. We are playing some good attacking football but we are letting in a ridiculous amount of goals as well. I fancy us for this one but expect a tight game. Another 2-1, I hope!

#8 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain

Posted 08 December 2010 - 16:00

We have just had a superb win in the CL playing with some of our fringe players
and topping our group so now with Chelsea coming up on Sunday we need to
keep on a winning streak and now start climbing the PL table to where we belong
in my opinion.Who's to say we can't win the league if we keep playing like we are.
I would love to thank Harry & his team for the results so far and also the bloody
brilliant SPURS fans who support our team through thick and thin and all the
posters on this forum that I love reading every day and evening.
1940Spursman8...coys//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Clapping.gif Clapping.gif Clapping.gif

#9 Guest_hdhotdog_*

Posted 08 December 2010 - 16:05

From a non Defoe fan, I make him our main player in this game. His quick feet murdered the slow lumbering Terry last year. If he is expected to return from injury, I hope JD is on top of his game.

I also would like to see Dawson make a comeback. Bassong, gets bullied too easily off the ball for me and Drogba brings strength. I also hope Gallas gets boo'ed by the Chelsea fans, and it fires him up like the Arsenal game.

#10 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 08 December 2010 - 22:09

The key match up will be Drogba vs Gallas. If "Willie the Yid" can do the business then i fancy us for a good day.

I think palacios's improvement is also a welcome relief - he is key.

With these 2 peforming well it sets the platform for modric, bale and lennon.

Big game and big weekend with Arse vs Red Nose as well

#11 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 08 December 2010 - 22:15

Close down Malouda and you close down Chelsea. That's what I think. He is so vital for them, he connects the whole team.

#12 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 08 December 2010 - 22:19

2-1 Tottenham. . Nuff said. . cheers.gif

#13 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 08 December 2010 - 22:58

QUOTE (Hotspur @ Dec 8 2010, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2-1 Tottenham. . Nuff said. . cheers.gif

Agreed, they lost again tonight too - they're in truly s***e form. Worst I can remember in recent years.
Even if Lampard and Terry play, neither are fit. And Drogba hasn't looked the same since he forgot to put on his insect repellent!

#14 Guest_bracknellyid_*

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:53

So are we favourites in anybodies view then chaps??

Our record against Chelsea has greatlly improved in recent years with 3 wins and 1 draw from the last 4 meetings at the lane. Not to mention the cup final victory in amongst all that (ahhh what a day)

However we were massive underdogs going into all those meetings and we suprised a few people by getting the points. But with us only losing 1 in 8 and Chelsea winning 1 in 6 (correct me if im wrong) are we favourites for Sunday??

From a personal point of view its the first time i have EXPECTED us to beat Chelsea in a game that im attending which is a strange feeling.

#15 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:38

im confident we will wiin this won and I also go along with a 2-1 score line and cant wait to see Gallas get stuck in, should be a good game, but no doubt there will be some loss of tempers by chelski.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#16 Guest_FergoSpurs_*

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:57

QUOTE (Tommospur @ Dec 8 2010, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed, they lost again tonight too - they're in truly s***e form. Worst I can remember in recent years.
Even if Lampard and Terry play, neither are fit. And Drogba hasn't looked the same since he forgot to put on his insect repellent!

Agree with this... and I did chuckle when drog forgot his waspeze...

However, key for them in my view is Essien. Personally, if someone asked me to pick a premier league 11, he would be the first name on my sheet. He bosses the whole game and creates space for others - he's also got an attacking threat himself on occasion.

Him being out is IMHO the main reason for Chelski's woes. Think he played last night though so he's coming back. Again, can only hope that this isn't the game when he, Terry and lampard come back and with full sharpness, because they will at some stage.

If we come out and hit them hard (and if we leave crouch on the bench), I'll go with 3-2 spurs. But I really do think we have to play quick football on the deck to beat this lot.

COYS

#17 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 09 December 2010 - 16:33

QUOTE (Stephan @ Dec 8 2010, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Close down Malouda and you close down Chelsea. That's what I think. He is so vital for them, he connects the whole team.

Agreed, but I would also add Essien to that list. Strong and the contributor of the odd goal here and there, he needs to be carefully watched.

#18 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 09 December 2010 - 16:36

Posted that last comment before I read FergoSpurs' opinion!

#19 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 09 December 2010 - 18:34

Essien is a permanent fixture in my World XI, an absolute beast of a player with no real weaknesses.

Think a lot depends on who we get out on the pitch. Modric is a must, and we can ill afford anymore injuries in midfield during the game. Hopefully, Lennon suffered no bad effects on his achilles the other night. Dawson back, and next to Gallas, would be great news.

#20 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 09 December 2010 - 23:46

Chelski's loss of form has absolutely nothing to do with Essien, Lampard or Terry being out of action.

Think back........... Ray Wilkins gets the tin tac and Chelski go on a bad run. Is it his revolutionry Crab style tac-tics that they miss? Or is it that CARLOS (silent s) can't communicate with his players properly.

How do you say "square ball" in Italian?

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users