Planet Spurs Forums: Blackpool P - P Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Blackpool P - P Tottenham Hotspur Sunday 19 December, KO 13:30 GMT, Bloomfield Road

#41 Guest_stoxy1_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:31

brackers teams have a season to get their ground up to premier league standards, they had to get the stand in before the season started but i think they presuming maybe they stay up they would have to have the under soil heating for next season.

#42 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 16 December 2010 - 13:07

If this game is called off due to the weather and Blackpool not having undersoil heating, that will be the second Blackpool game in a matter of days that was due to be Live on TV that has been cancelled.

I know some games are called off because of safety fears for the fans on the surrounding area'a to the Stadium. But it should never be the state of a Premiership pitch that gets a game called off.

I agree it's an absolute farce that Blackpool don't have undersoil heating and surely every Premiership team should be forced to have undersoil heating... I mean there is surely enough money swimming around in the Premiership now that deems every club should have undersoil heating installed?

If they don't, then maybe, they should be docked the points if they have to have a game called off due to the pitch being frozen or covered in snow??

I bet the likes of Blackpool would insure they have undersoil heating then... rolleyes.gif

#43 Guest_bracknellyid_*

Posted 16 December 2010 - 13:15

QUOTE (stoxy1 @ Dec 16 2010, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
brackers teams have a season to get their ground up to premier league standards, they had to get the stand in before the season started but i think they presuming maybe they stay up they would have to have the under soil heating for next season.

Nice one Stoxy nice1.gif

#44 Guest_bracknellyid_*

Posted 16 December 2010 - 13:16

QUOTE (Hotspur @ Dec 16 2010, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If this game is called off due to the weather and Blackpool not having undersoil heating, that will be the second Blackpool game in a matter of days that was due to be Live on TV that has been cancelled.

I know some games are called off because of safety fears for the fans on the surrounding area'a to the Stadium. But it should never be the state of a Premiership pitch that gets a game called off.

I agree it's an absolute farce that Blackpool don't have undersoil heating and surely every Premiership team should be forced to have undersoil heating... I mean there is surely enough money swimming around in the Premiership now that deems every club should have undersoil heating installed?

If they don't, then maybe, they should be docked the points if they have to have a game called off due to the pitch being frozen or covered in snow??

I bet the likes of Blackpool would insure they have undersoil heating then... rolleyes.gif

Look at it this way, its a rule that every team in the CZECH TOP FLIGHT must have under soil heating or they are relegated!!

Surely a league lke ours must have this in place soon??

#45 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 16 December 2010 - 13:38

QUOTE (bracknellyid @ Dec 16 2010, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look at it this way, its a rule that every team in the CZECH TOP FLIGHT must have under soil heating or they are relegated!!

Surely a league lke ours must have this in place soon??

Absolutely!

See we can agree on some things brackers. . cheers.gif

#46 Guest_bracknellyid_*

Posted 16 December 2010 - 14:19

QUOTE (Hotspur @ Dec 16 2010, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Absolutely!

See we can agree on some things brackers. . cheers.gif

Hmmmm i disagree with your views here Hotspur nice1.gif grinny.gif

#47 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 16 December 2010 - 14:22

QUOTE (bracknellyid @ Dec 16 2010, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmmm i disagree with your views here Hotspur nice1.gif grinny.gif

Ok, so lets disagree that we agree. . . nice1.gif

#48 Guest_dannymc_*

Posted 17 December 2010 - 00:13

if the game goes ahead,i can see a scoreline of 3-2 4-3,saying that knowing the pl has been going this season 0-0 lol,ps 3-2 or 4-3 to us crest.gif

#49 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 17 December 2010 - 15:44

Please let this game go ahead!! I think we will be up for this game at the mo and dont want to fall behind others Ie City and alike!!

#50 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 17 December 2010 - 15:58

Sky Sports News have just said 'coming up we have Ian Holloway Live from Bloomfield Road and Blackpool v Spurs maybe in doubt'.........

I will keep you posted on this as soon as I hear anything.

#51 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 17 December 2010 - 16:07

We'll Sky Sports News have announced our game away to Blackpool 'is in doubt'. . I have a horrible feeling this game will be called off and all because Blackpool don't have undersoil heating! angry2.gif

They have the covers on at Bloomfield Road but thats as much use as just a T-Shirt to keep you warm in this freezing weather! rolleyes.gif

"if the weather drops to -5 as forecast you won't see brass monkeys let alone footballers out there" Ian Holloway just said on SSN. We'll if you had spent some of your Premiership money on undersoil heating you wouldn't have a problem and you would see a game on Ian! So it's all down to Blackpool that this game now looks like being called off........

I love Ian Holloway, who like Harry is one of the few characters left in the game, and I think Blackpool have been great for the Premiership. But I just cannot believe they have been allowed into the Premiership without undersoil heating. angry2.gif

Blackpool are more Sunday League than Premier League not installing undersoil heating and if they stay up they must be forced to have undesoil heating and no team should be allowed into the Premiership without it.........

#52 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 17 December 2010 - 19:29

i think youll find pompey and untill recently fulham didnt have undersoil heating, they were lucky enough to just not get caught out! i wouldnt blame blackpool there not exactly the richest club in the world!! they didnt really expect promotion and had very little time to prepare for the premier league, they did what they could to get there ground upto the required standard in a short time!!

#53 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 17 December 2010 - 20:55

QUOTE (stoxy1 @ Dec 17 2010, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think youll find pompey and untill recently fulham didnt have undersoil heating, they were lucky enough to just not get caught out! i wouldnt blame blackpool there not exactly the richest club in the world!! they didnt really expect promotion and had very little time to prepare for the premier league, they did what they could to get there ground upto the required standard in a short time!!

So you think it's OK for a Premiership club not to have undersoil heating?

We'll just because teams in the past did not have undersoil heating, does not IMHO make it OK for teams not to have it now or in the future.

So as I said, and mantain, teams should not be allowed into the Premiership if they don't have undersoil heating. The grounds have to be up to a certian standard and I believe that should include the pitch, eg undersoil heating.

#54 Guest_dannymc_*

Posted 17 December 2010 - 22:38

why dont they just get in the hot air balloons,i mean they are going to lose a chunk of tv money if they dont! crest.gif

#55 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 17 December 2010 - 22:46

no i dont think its good but i think in these circumstances its acceptable. what your saying is if you dont have undersoil heating then they shouldnt be in, ok well then cardiff would have gone up (as they were also in the play off final and they have undersoil heating) and their match this weekend has already been called off so that wouldnt have helped!!
also do you not think teams like burnley and blackpool have brought something different to the premiership? banning them from competing wouldnt be a good move in my eyes.

#56 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:14

The big in-justice is that they leave it to the last minute to call games off because of television. Travelling fans get stiffed.

Our game is very un-likely to go ahead, but Sky will stop them from calling it off untill the last minute.

Wait and see how many games get called off before we condemn Blackpool.

#57 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:55

QUOTE (stoxy1 @ Dec 17 2010, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no i dont think its good but i think in these circumstances its acceptable. what your saying is if you dont have undersoil heating then they shouldnt be in, ok well then cardiff would have gone up (as they were also in the play off final and they have undersoil heating) and their match this weekend has already been called off so that wouldnt have helped!!
also do you not think teams like burnley and blackpool have brought something different to the premiership? banning them from competing wouldnt be a good move in my eyes.

If you read back to my previous posts I have already said that 'Blackpool have been great for the Premiership' and I have also stated that 'I know some games get called off because of safety fears of the surrounding areas to the Stadium'. . BUT, I am also saying you should NOT be allowed into the Premiership unless you have undersoil heating and I stand by that statement as that is my opinion.
IMHO it would lessen the amount of games that would have to be postponed if EVERY Premiership club had to have undersoil heating installed before being allowed to play in our Premier League. I mean it isn't as if a Premiership club doesn't recieve enough money to be able to afford this. . .

#58 Guest_Go Team_*

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:59

i'll be surprised if it goes ahead. dissappointing - it had goal fest written all over it.

but in a way i'm glad vdv, dawson and defoe have another week to get back to full fitness...

I think giving teams a year to gt the stadium up to scratch is the fairest way of doing it... Backpool definately couldn't stay in the premiership long term cancelling games regularly... but it would've been harsh to stop them from coming up. I wonder how they'd handel it if they got relegated this year but promoted the next? Would they get another year?

#59 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:33

I see what you are saying Hotspur, and in this day and age, I do agree and think that it should be a criteria that they should have it, this is our top flight football League here, and seeing as today football is more of a business than a sport and the sums of money in volved are pretty dam big, there is no reason that i can see or thiunk off why they should not have under soil heating, only one thing ive just thought of and that is like blackpool they have just come up and can not afford it, so there could be a case there, but having said that, if that were the scenario then after one year in top flight they should have to have it for the start of their second season, assuming they stay up.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#60 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:45

hotspur sorry im if coming over too argumnentative, i understand your point just giving a few others myself.
journeyman i think youve got it right i think its only fair to give teams a season to get themselves sorted.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users