Planet Spurs Forums: Aston Villa 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Aston Villa 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur Sunday 26th December (Boxing Day), KO: 17:30, Villa Park

#101 Guest_Tommospur_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 December 2010 - 19:45

QUOTE (Stephan @ Dec 26 2010, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great result playing with 10 men. When they pulled one back I wasn't confident we would grind it out but it's a good sign we can grind out a result even when down to 10. I won't start banging on about clean sheets since we played with 10 for 60 minutes, but the BBC once again reiterated our dismal clean sheet statistic:

Dawson's back, that's the difference. Were we not the 3rd tightest defence in the Premiership last year?
The good times back there are coming returning...

#102 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 19:50

QUOTE (Tommospur @ Dec 26 2010, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dawson's back, that's the difference. Were we not the 3rd tightest defence in the Premiership last year?
The good times back there are coming back...

And the season before last, we equalled our all time record for least amount of goals conceded at home in a full season. Ten I think it was, and that was even with us being bottom of the table at New Year !

#103 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 19:53

Thudd's twitter post as the 2nd goal went in....

Bale bale bale!! Fifa-like counter attacking play!!"

#104 Guest_CO_Spurs_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 20:26

QUOTE (EuanW @ Dec 26 2010, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, and the little flick to release Bale came from VDV (if you watch the replay). He ran all the way down the field with the play too. I give Bale and VDV equal credit for setting up that goal (of course, VDV with the finish).

#105 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 20:27

QUOTE (EuanW @ Dec 26 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

U sure it's really T-Hudd? Thought he was a PES kinda lad laugh.gif

#106 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 21:10

Can't really comment on individual performances as i was a bit blurry for the match. I can say that the ref was sympathetic to Villa and Pires is a w***er.

Great result, and well earned 3 points

#107 Guest_meistah80_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 22:16

So pleased with that result, such a great win with 10 men.
Dawson is a rock and so vital for us.
Honestly his return could be the catalyst for our season.

God I LOVE Spurs!!!!

#108 Guest_hdhotdog_*

Posted 27 December 2010 - 00:43

Great performance. I really thought BAE and Palacios had big games for us today. Wilson seems to be getting back to his old ways, which is bloody brilliant for us, as we do sometimes lack his aggression in midfield. He never lost his passion for a tackle but his passing has been so bad at times its been hard to play him. He seems to be finding his own men more often than not at the moment.

The thing that pleased me most was the final whistle. Everybody was celebrating together and it really looks like we have a bunch of players who all get along with each other. People moan about a drinking culture, however I also think it helps bond players at times and as long as you dont over do it, I think it helps the team spirit.

#109 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:35

great win. awful refereeing.

1. VDV, Kaboul, Dawson fantastic
2. Palacios played the best game he has played for 12 months
3. BAE was class
4. Defoe gone for 3 matches - b******s to that. Never a red, or a yellow
5. Bale - worst game for 12 months. Has he been worked out by the oppositon?
6. Modric - a masterclass
7. Gomes - too many heart attacks again!

The first 30 minutes was the best we have played all year in my view. I really saw a 3 or 4 goal thumping coming until the red ticket came out.

COYS

#110 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 27 December 2010 - 13:41

Completely agree with aussispurs!

Modric delivered the pass of the season. What a pin point delivery! Bale was very quiet indeed. I think VDV showed what the next level is for us. When he's in the squad we can beat anyone on the day. He has that winner's mentality that we have lacked over the last couple of seasons. Him and Gallas are the mental spine of the team these days I feel.

Problem is though, we are overly reliant on VDV for our goals. A lethal striker is needed and quickly.

Gomes feels jittery these days and I cant help to think it has to do with not keeping a clean sheet all season. It starts to nag in a keeper's head. Hopefully with Dawson and Kaboul back we will start to pick up clean sheets as Villa's goal was rather lucky.

#111 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 27 December 2010 - 13:45

Can't agree on Bale, he basically created the second goal (the clincher!) from nothing.
The most dangerous players always get doubled up on during games, if they can provide one or two game-changing moments under these circumstances then it shows real class.

#112 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 27 December 2010 - 13:55

QUOTE (Tommospur @ Dec 27 2010, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't agree on Bale, he basically created the second goal (the clincher!) from nothing.
The most dangerous players always get doubled up on during games, if they can provide one or two game-changing moments under these circumstances then it shows real class.

Very true his rush was class, but for the rest of the game he was more quiet than usual. Still no need to worry at all about Bale.

#113 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 27 December 2010 - 18:51

I think with all due respect, no one can keep the pace he does every match, but non the less, the bale factor now mentally scares the opposition i think.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#114 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 27 December 2010 - 19:11

A brilliant team performance with 10 men for most of the game against Aston Villa and we got the 3 point that we throughly derserved. nice1.gif

Rafael Van Der Vaart is just sheer World Class and when you add the likes of Luka Modric and Gareth Bale we are a team that scares the life out of most teams and can beat any on our day. And we are having more 'days' than ever before. . . crest.gif

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users