Planet Spurs Forums: Aston Villa 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Aston Villa 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur Sunday 26th December (Boxing Day), KO: 17:30, Villa Park

#41 Guest_Spurious_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:00

Pav for Lennon!

#42 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:01

How can the assistant give that from where he was, how?! angry2.gif

#43 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:04

At half time I'd maybe take Lennon off for Crouch or Pav and put VDV on the right.

#44 Guest_CO_Spurs_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:05

OK gents...last clean sheet away from home this season in all competitions was...oh wait, never! There's a first time for everything I guess.

#45 Guest_Spurious_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:06

Now that we're short, we'll just make Bale play LB and LW. He's fast enough, methinks...

#46 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:07

Wilsons confidence is growing game by game again, that was a delightful surging run.......

#47 Guest_CO_Spurs_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:08

QUOTE (EuanW @ Dec 26 2010, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Clapping.gif that was a delightful surging run....... Clapping.gif

#48 Guest_Spurious_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:10

QUOTE (EuanW @ Dec 26 2010, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wilsons confidence is growing game by game again, that was a delightful surging run.......

And we need his size, so teams like AVFC don't feel they can get away with pushing around our leprechauns.

#49 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:11

QUOTE (CO_Spurs @ Dec 26 2010, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK gents...last clean sheet away from home this season in all competitions was...oh wait, never! There's a first time for everything I guess.

I think that's a bit of a false statistic due to key injuries and new introductions at the back this season.
Last year our defence was mostly excellent.
Dawson's return should make a big difference, he's developed into a fantastic centre-back.

#50 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:16

This is f***ing vintage possession retention.

Magnificant

#51 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:17

Bale up front, please!!!

#52 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:19

That could be my favourite passage of Spurs play this season, we've just taken the p!ss for 8 odd minutes with ten men.

Our fans were even 'ole-ing' !

#53 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:20

QUOTE (EuanW @ Dec 26 2010, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is f***ing vintage possession retention.

Magnificant

Agreed, we're making mincemeat (no, not a Christmas pun) of them without having the luxury of a striker on the pitch to finish them off!

#54 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:23

QUOTE (Tommospur @ Dec 26 2010, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed, we're making mincemeat (no, not a Christmas pun) of them without having the luxury of a striker on the pitch to finish them off!

Yet very frustrating. I'll be mad if we don't win today. One of their players even raised his hand to VDV's face off the ball there. Under the strict code we've seen today, that could've been a red.

#55 Guest_Spurious_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:27

So what do we do second half? Continue as we have, or bring on Pav or the giraffe? I'm leaning to Pav because our pace may begin to tell on them late in the game, but with 10 men, we don't have to feel guilty about hoofing it up to Crouch.

And Bale and VdV can pick up the scraps. 0-2 would feel a lot better than 0-1.

But our back four and middle four are looking pretty fluent right now.

#56 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:34

I don't think our pace will be much of a factor late in the game, Spurious. We will likely be knackered by then with only ten men, although Bale can run all day.

I really don't know whats best to do, to be honest.

Looking at the table, this game is potentially season defining in which grouping of teams it places us with. We have to go on a winning run as of NOW ! It's gutting that we've had a red card, cause we have played very well and there's already been loads of very good performances/positives. Lets hope we do them Man City away from home in Carling Cup style, when we went down to ten men at roughly the same time in the game, 1-0 up, and went on to win 2-0.

Frustrate them, sit relatively deep, don't over commit, then hit with pace on the counter when we can....

#57 Guest_CO_Spurs_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:35

Harry walked out from the dressing room with a cup of tea or coffee in his hand. That's odd...don't think I've ever seen that before. It MUST be cold over there.

For the second half, I say see how it plays out the next 15-20 minutes. We did fine at the end of the half so no need to change anything yet.

#58 Guest_Spurious_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:37

QUOTE (EuanW @ Dec 26 2010, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think our pace will be much of a factor late in the game, Spurious. We will likely be knackered by then with only ten men, although Bale can run all day.

I really don't know whats best to do, to be honest.

Looking at the table, this game is potentially season defining in which grouping of teams it places us with. We have to go on a winning run as of NOW ! It's gutting that we've had a red card, cause we have played very well and there's already been loads of very good performances/positives. Lets hope we do them Man City away from home in Carling Cup style, when we went down to ten men at roughly the same time in the game, 1-0 up, and went on to win 2-0.

Frustrate them, sit relatively deep, don't over commit, then hit with pace on the counter when we can....

Looks like 'Arry's listening to you.

But I'm thinking we can show more stamina because Modric and VdV are smart enough to make the ball do the work. And Hutton and Bale can last.

So maybe 'Arry's just saving fresh legs for the hour mark.

#59 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:41

Yeah, I think so.

Keep it the same for now. VDV is a good all round player to have up top, and Lennons pace could be useful on the counter. VDV will likely run himself into the ground, he'll prob come off after 70 odd, depending on how the game is going.

Ramos would've switched to a 2-4-3 with three subs on most likely..

#60 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 26 December 2010 - 18:52

Ekotto's been playing carnival football all day, at least 5 occasions of outrageous skill, yet cant help but think he could try one too many and f*** up.....

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users