Planet Spurs Forums: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Newcastle United - Planet Spurs Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Newcastle United Tuesday 28th December 2010, KO: 15:00, White Hart Lane

#61 Guest_Stephan_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 December 2010 - 16:44

QUOTE (CO_Spurs @ Dec 28 2010, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want a clean sheet now...

Me too! Clean sheet would do us a world of good!

#62 Guest_Spurious_*

Posted 28 December 2010 - 16:46

Yeah, nothing spectacular from Gomes or the back four, but solid and confident against a difficult side.

#63 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 28 December 2010 - 16:50

What a lovely little step over by Modric! He's really in top top form. I have been critical of him in the past but the last months he has been nothing short of SEN-SA-TIONAL!

#64 Guest_CO_Spurs_*

Posted 28 December 2010 - 16:52

We will be 10 games undefeated now in all competitions. Last loss, Bolton on Nov 6. If we don't lose against Fulham next, we will hit the 2 month mark (-1) since we last lost when we face Everton.

#65 Guest_Rangers_*

Posted 28 December 2010 - 16:56

Good result. Clean sheet bonus aswell.

#66 Guest_hdhotdog_*

Posted 28 December 2010 - 16:57

Great performance. I will leave the obvious people out, but good performance again from BAE, and I thought Jenas looked brilliant in the 2nd half. I thought it was crazy taking Wilson off with their physical game, but Jenas made a few cracking tackles and surging runs, setting up Lennon for that chance and narrowly missing his own chance at the end.

#67 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 28 December 2010 - 16:57

CLEAN SHEET!

CLEAN SHEET!!

CLEAN SHEEEEEHEEEEHEEEEEHEEEEEEETT!!!!

yahoo.gif

Fantastic display once again today. Modric is a gem! What a game. Bale did the unbelievable when called upon and the back four was rock solid! Great game, great result! Clapping.gif

Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur! champions.gif

#68 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 28 December 2010 - 17:03

Alluded to this in another thread, but...

Villa away
Newcastle home
Fulham home
Everton away

and the cancelled Blackpool game. A great chance for us to make a run and get back in the mix at the top, over the festive period. We kind of had to make a move now, its the right time and we've already been too inconsistent, and it looks like the boys have risen to the challenge and are doing just that.

Smashing stuff, they've made my xmas with the last two matches !

Lets do Fulham now.

Stephan is also correct, I don't think I've ever seen Modric play as good as he has in the past month or so. He's looking as sharp as a tac in body and mind, some of his passing in tight spaces, and feints past people, are just beautiful to watch.

#69 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 28 December 2010 - 17:10

Another game where we have hung on to win the game 2--0 with 10 men against a very thuggish
Newcastle team and a diabolical referee that handed out so many cards maybe he thought it was
Christmas again.Their men were hacking our men all over the place and I can honestly say it
show how strong and good our team are to play 2 games back to back and be cut down to 10 men
and still go on to win the game.I want Harry to stay forever his man management is 2nd to none.
Plus this puts us up to 4th place above Chelsea who are having a torrid time of it again.
Fulham up next and they are in bottom 3 so they will be fighting for their lives.
1940Spursman8...coys//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// /////

#70 Guest_c411um_*

Posted 28 December 2010 - 18:13

what a dirty bunch of c***s. if we get a drop ball at st. james' i hope our players go one better than barton and just passes to one of our own.

coming into a decent bit of form at last (in the league). dawson looking solid, as is kaboul (bit silly today for the sending off but nvm). hutton looking like the player i thought he was, and benny who has finally reached a very good standard, although he does make me wince when he takes players on in dangerous situations.

as far as the midfield goes, outstanding. although palacios was awful today, which was a shame because i thought he was excellent at villa.

unlikely, but if we can get a WC striker in the window that stays fit and adapts as quickly as VDV has we'll be laughing...

COYS!!

#71 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 28 December 2010 - 19:01

QUOTE (journeyman @ Dec 28 2010, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OUR NEXT CLEAN SHEET? YES, We will I predict win 2-0, whats the odds Hotspur....?

dancing.gif dancing.gif
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#72 Guest_CO_Spurs_*

Posted 28 December 2010 - 20:34

Clapping.gif
QUOTE (journeyman @ Dec 28 2010, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dancing.gif dancing.gif

Clapping.gif Well done! Being a Spurs fan right now is fantastic, especially considering the past few years!

#73 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 28 December 2010 - 23:02

another nice win and 3 points against a team that set out not to lose and to just kick us off the park. But we were patient and even with 10 men were by far the better team again. . And a clean sheet to boot. . Clapping.gif Clapping.gif

It is never easy against these small limited teams like Newcastle, but we have a strong team ethic and winning mentality now that is standing us in good stead for the rest of the season.

Now we just have to try and keep our unbeaten run going with another win against Fulham at the Lane and maybe we can keep 11 players on the pitch for a change. . praying.gif cheers.gif

#74 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 28 December 2010 - 23:08

QUOTE (journeyman @ Dec 28 2010, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OUR NEXT CLEAN SHEET? YES, We will I predict win 2-0, whats the odds Hotspur....?

Sorry I missed this post earlier today Mr J, I've been a bit busy lately visiting my Dad in hospital, he is getting much better though thankfully. . praying.gif after I went in the ambulance that rushed him into hospital around 2.30am on Boxing Day.

But the question is, did you have a punt on your prediction Mr J?

I hope you did and caned those bookies.... cheers.gif

#75 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 00:57

Ref had only had 10 previous PL games - it really showed. He jut didnt get the pulse of the game. Newcastle were bullying us and hoping to get us sucked in. Tiote should have gone for his foul on modric and we didnt even get a free kick. He should have gone again for his foul on kaboul and then gone again for putting his ugly melon in kabouls face. Kaboul was a mug.

Dawson was MOM IMO. Didnt give that ugly geordie b@**erd a look in.

Modric magnificent
Benny brilliant'
Lennon lazy
Rafa rusty
Pav pathetic

I thought palacios was very good in the first half - a couple of errors but he really worked hard and shut the thug bastards down. Jenas was slow to start but came good when we were down to 10.

I just wish city would start dropping points. They always seem to be playing the bottom sides - have they bought their own fixture list as well?

#76 Guest_THFC6061_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:31

QUOTE (journeyman @ Dec 27 2010, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THFC6061
I used to post just match day statistics of our forthcoming matches, ie won drawn lost in all comps and that was not really taken in by all, when I was a writer on this site, years ago, I now see what the then admin meant, Mate with all due respect your own work is fine, but all this copy and pasting, to much info mate, Ive had a couple of pms about it, people are not really interested in that much info, no disrespect meant to what you do, but it would be best just to stick to your own views I think.

I'm not sure if you realise this, but the match histories I post on here ARE my own work.

But if you would rather I didn't post them on here, I'll stop doing it.

The Fulham one is ready to go.

#77 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:42

QUOTE (THFC6061 @ Dec 29 2010, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure if you realise this, but the match histories I post on here ARE my own work.

But if you would rather I didn't post them on here, I'll stop doing it.

The Fulham one is ready to go.

i like them personally. good background information.

surely there is enough room on planet spurs for such things?

#78 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:47

QUOTE (SevenSteps2Kevin @ Dec 29 2010, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i like them personally. good background information.

surely there is enough room on planet spurs for such things?

I agree i like them myself but would say they would be better posted in the match thread

#79 Guest_Gladiator_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:52

I had a great time at the lane yesterday and I don't know if you could hear it but everybody was getting on bartons back - very funny songs

We can easily mount a top 4 challenge now, bring on fulham and hopefully we can win with 11 men...

#80 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:21

QUOTE (Hotspur @ Dec 28 2010, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry I missed this post earlier today Mr J, I've been a bit busy lately visiting my Dad in hospital, he is getting much better though thankfully. . praying.gif after I went in the ambulance that rushed him into hospital around 2.30am on Boxing Day.

But the question is, did you have a punt on your prediction Mr J?

I hope you did and caned those bookies.... cheers.gif

Yes I did mate won a few notes, sorry to hear about your Dad mate, but glad to hear hes getting better.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users