Planet Spurs Forums: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Newcastle United - Planet Spurs Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Newcastle United Tuesday 28th December 2010, KO: 15:00, White Hart Lane

#81 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:24

QUOTE (THFC6061 @ Dec 29 2010, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure if you realise this, but the match histories I post on here ARE my own work.

But if you would rather I didn't post them on here, I'll stop doing it.

The Fulham one is ready to go.

No mate you carry on. nice1.gif

Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#82 Guest_stoxy1_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:44

yeah compared to the villa game palacios was very poor, which was shown up even more by the whole teams inability to get the ball on the floor and keep it, so jenas had to come on to change that.
kaboul and dawson fantastic, unfortunately were going to have to change our back four once again (silly lad) but bassong looked solid especially in the air against carrol.

one point ill make about lennon that i have noticed, in seasons past when he was most effective he used to hug the touchline and then come in off it with the ball or drive down the line, with hutton behind him his starting position seems to be alot further infield, standing on the corner of the box alot... alot less effective, wish hed just get wide again where its easier to get the ball to him and he has more space when he gets it!!

#83 Guest_Rangers_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 15:54

QUOTE (stoxy1 @ Dec 29 2010, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
one point ill make about lennon that i have noticed, in seasons past when he was most effective he used to hug the touchline and then come in off it with the ball or drive down the line, with hutton behind him his starting position seems to be alot further infield, standing on the corner of the box alot... alot less effective, wish hed just get wide again where its easier to get the ball to him and he has more space when he gets it!!

Noticed this also! Although he is hitting a bit of form now.

He should be hugging that touchline and allow Hutton to go inside or play the ball down the wing for him to get a cross in. Alan's best with a deep cross or cutting inside and running at players, while lennon is best sprinting down that line for sheer pace. Traditionally right mids move central to let a full back overlap them but teams pull players back in the premiership, they dont allow that kind of space to be exposed.

#84 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 16:34

The differences between Corluka and Hutton, in terms of what they do to Lennon, are plain to see, however, the Hutton/Lennon pairing is beginning to get a greater understanding. Lennon will never be able to hug the touchline with Hutton behind him, as much as he did with Corluka, however, its working a lot better than when Glen Johnson was behind Lennon for England. That was the worst case of squeezage ever, Lennon had no room to breathe and was collecting the ball far too far up the pitch with nowhere to run into.

I'd disagree with Hutton being best cutting inside, though. He's at his best running in relatively straight lines, whether its very wide, or sometimes, he takes a touch inside, then runs straight again down an inside channel. He's a bit like a fast train, switching tracks and continuing to fly by people. The true essence of cutting inside is more like what Robben does, beating people along the top of the box where there is less room for out and out pace and more trickery required. Hutton is best going at a hundred miles an hour, and often runs out of ideas and the necessary skills when he's forced to go inside and slow down. Minus the occasional left foot shot that goes in !

#85 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 16:51

dont you think though our more attacking threat is lennon not hutton, so he should be given the best position to attack from, not vacate it to allow space for hutton to run into.

#86 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 16:54

I think the best thing is for both to happen. They just need to learn to play together to the point where they can organically change and do different things with a complete understanding of each other.

Playing Corluka may make Lennon more dangerous, but even more dangerous than that, is both Lennon AND Hutton being a threat at different points.

#87 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 17:01

completely agree with you euan.... would be nice to have a full firing lennon and bale, although lennons goal yesterday wasnt bad eh!!!

#88 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 17:21

Some interesting points on here from Newcastle's most overweight inbred, seems they don't like us overall (which is probably why I pissed myself so much when the tw*ts went down!), apparently we're "a load of diving, metrosexual scumbags"...

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=29155

#89 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 17:47

QUOTE (stoxy1 @ Dec 29 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
completely agree with you euan.... would be nice to have a full firing lennon and bale, although lennons goal yesterday wasnt bad eh!!!

I think Lennon's playing well just now. Lennon will never receive as much of the ball, with Bale in the team, as he does when Bale isn't. His great run of form last season, came when he was playing well, and before the emergence of Bale. He was our only quick outlet and we would always look to unleash him. Now we have two weapons.

#90 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 18:00

yeah true, but even lennon on the ball looks hesitant to skin his man on the outside.

#91 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 18:09

You are right, he's not at his top top form yet, but he has been getting steadily better for the past month and has chipped in with two important goals. Lets hope it continues. Also, if he added 3-5 more goals a season, than he currently does, it would make him even better.

#92 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 18:21

QUOTE (Tommospur @ Dec 29 2010, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some interesting points on here from Newcastle's most overweight inbred, seems they don't like us overall (which is probably why I pissed myself so much when the tw*ts went down!), apparently we're "a load of diving, metrosexual scumbags"...

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=29155

What a bunch of tossers. They really thought they could get something from the game. They couldn't even get a proper attack going against 10 men!! lmao.gif

And their dislike to us. Well I guess we are called delusional at times but we got absolutely NOTHING on their false delusions of Northern grandeur lmao.gif wave.gif

#93 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 18:36

QUOTE (Stephan @ Dec 29 2010, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a bunch of tossers. They really thought they could get something from the game. They couldn't even get a proper attack going against 10 men!! lmao.gif

And their dislike to us. Well I guess we are called delusional at times but we got absolutely NOTHING on their false delusions of Northern grandeur lmao.gif wave.gif

Before they got relegated, they were always telling Spurs fans that they were the bigger, better club and that we were the delusional fans - despite us winning nearly everything in the game since they last won anything!
Now they've just got back to the Premiership, have a weaker team than ever and are starting to struggle, whilst we're in the Champions League, they're starting again... Laughable!

#94 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 18:47

QUOTE (Tommospur @ Dec 29 2010, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Before they got relegated, they were always telling Spurs fans that they were the bigger, better club and that we were the delusional fans - despite us winning nearly everything in the game since they last won anything!
Now they've just got back to the Premiership, have a weaker team than ever and are starting to struggle, whilst we're in the Champions League, they're starting again... Laughable!

Just read a post in that topic saying our support was quiet until the first goal. Well I can't believe that for one. Second, I haven't heard them making any noise besides "off off off" when Kaboul head butted that Tioté c***. I guess that was their highlight of the day...bunch of Northern w***ers whose club is in the hands of a fat cockney geezer they despise but at the same time sells most of his trainers and "chav suits" to them! lmao.gif

#95 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 18:58

i was at the game stephan, and before our first goal it was quieter than usual and they were making abit of noise, not that anyone of us could understand the geordie s*** spouting from their mouths. after our first that naturally shut them up and got us going!!

#96 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 20:27

QUOTE (Stephan @ Dec 29 2010, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just read a post in that topic saying our support was quiet until the first goal. Well I can't believe that for one. Second, I haven't heard them making any noise besides "off off off" when Kaboul head butted that Tioté c***. I guess that was their highlight of the day...bunch of Northern w***ers whose club is in the hands of a fat cockney geezer they despise but at the same time sells most of his trainers and "chav suits" to them! lmao.gif

Apparently he's a Spurs fan, which makes them hate us even more.
The more stupid amongst them have even suggested he's conducting some sort of act of sabotage at the expense of his own money, pfff!
"Agent Ashley, mission accomplished - please return to base..." grinny.gif

#97 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 21:51

There's more evidence here of their c***ish ways...

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...=27905&st=0

What nice fans, see Spurs are in the top 3 or 4 of almost every one? I'd suggest we do the same and create lists of insults for every club in the Premiership, but wait a minute - we're not bell ends!
Villa fans are much the same on us, similar size clubs who have won less (unless you're talking a million years ago in the case of Villa) and resent us pinching their best players when we like...

#98 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 22:12

QUOTE (Tommospur @ Dec 29 2010, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What nice fans, see Spurs are in the top 3 or 4 of almost every one? I'd suggest we do the same and create lists of insults for every club in the Premiership, but wait a minute - we're not bell ends!
Villa fans are much the same on us, similar size clubs who have won less (unless you're talking a million years ago in the case of Villa) and resent us pinching their best players when we like...

Hear this:
Always felt bitter about them - for some reason I've always classed us and them as about the same in terms of stature, so they've felt like a rival even when they've not been.

lmao.gif

#99 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:15

QUOTE (Tommospur @ Dec 29 2010, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol...saw the same threads independently of coming here and am surprised to see everyone had the same instincts!

honestly, what a bunch of tools. we play some great football, they thug it up and somehow we become horrible. this particularly amused me:

"I think Spurs are a bunch of metrosexual bling-f****** who would rather spend time buying mascara from Boots.com and trying out fragrances than playing football. Unfortunately the referee was a f*****-enabler and allowed them to get away with diving and general skulduggery, and punished Carroll needlessly when he had eyes only for the ball"

to be fair, that was probably their most radical member. anyways, way to go!

i hope we can keep it (relatively) classy most of the time in comparison.

back to real things,
lennon and bale's goals were things of BEAUTY!

jenas was great, modric was great, pav unlucky to not score. great f***ing game. i love you spurs you have just made the end of 2010 amazing!

addendum: newcastle and villa fans are just jealous of our recent successes the past four seasons. CL knock outs as a seeded team, FA Cup, Top 4 Monopoly Breakers, yes, we've got a lot to smile about. after wandering about the desert for a little while, things are going our way and we've every right to enjoy it. if some of them want to b!tch and moan about it, they really should save it for chelsea and man city, clubs that wouldn't be where they are without their mega sugar daddies. in all honesty, i feel a bit sad for newcastle fans. mike ashley is a s*** owner and they ought to not have much, if any, hope for the future of their club until he leaves. i'd wager money on pardew being out before the end of the season. they just don't have enough talent to handle injuries. IF dejong hadn't broken ben arfas leg, i think they would be in a much different spot and hughton would still have a job. ashley is the the worst knee jerk owner i have ever seen.

#100 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 30 December 2010 - 13:55

QUOTE (SevenSteps2Kevin @ Dec 30 2010, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
to be fair, that was probably their most radical member. anyways, way to go!

You're probably right there.

Ladies and gentlemen...

We've got him! laugh.gif

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users