Planet Spurs Forums: FA Cup (Third Round): Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 Charlton Athletic - Planet Spurs Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

FA Cup (Third Round): Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 Charlton Athletic Sunday 9 January, KO: 13:30 GMT, White Hart Lane

#1 Guest_Gladiator_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 January 2011 - 18:46

Sorry didnt have time to write up a full match-day article as busy with the Noughties Awards. getyacoat.gif

#2 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 07 January 2011 - 20:02

The return of the Ginger Pele, Gary Doherty? Equally s*** as a centre-back or forward...
Man, how far we've come since those dark days in such a relatively short period time thank god!
Seriously though, a full reserves team out for this I'd wager, this is what squads are for and how to keep fringe players on the hook with the slightest taste of first team action. wink1.gif

#3 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 07 January 2011 - 21:26

I'd like to see the following get a go - Corluka, Defoe, Sandro, Bassong, Pletikosa, Kranjcar. Maybe something like...

Pletikosa

Corluka
Dawson
Bassong/Kaboul
Ekotto

Lennon
Sandro
Palacios
Kranjcar

Defoe
Pav

Not much creativety in central midfield, but this team should still be far too much, with a hungry Defoe, Pav's cup record of 15 in 17 and the likes of Lennon and Kranky to create things. You could put Jenas in if you wanted. A rest for Bale, Modric, Gallas, VDV will do them the world of good.

#4 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 07 January 2011 - 21:37

Can you be arsed giving Gio a go somewhere - instead of Lennon or up front - or do we reckon that ship has sailed already?

#5 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 07 January 2011 - 21:46

QUOTE (Tommospur @ Jan 7 2011, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you be arsed giving Gio a go somewhere - instead of Lennon or up front - or do we reckon that ship has sailed already?

It was more of a raft than a ship, and it didn't sail, it sort of drifted for a bit then sank nice1.gif yo ho ho and a bottle of rum, and a bottle of vodka, 12 pints, and some shots

#6 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 07 January 2011 - 21:53

Can't be arsed. Is he even fit ? He can't have done anything good at all in training in the past months, otherwise he would've been rewarded with a bench place. Get rid, someone will surely take him whilst he has even just a wiff of a good WC still about him.

Here's my 'he's taken it too far' team because I'm a f***ing spazz....

Gomez ( needs cross practice cause he's s***)

Kaboul
Khumaloo ( stick hm straight in, he is the nxt Ledders)
Dawson
Bassong ( betr left back than Ekoutto)

Beckham ( flight lands tomo 12'ers I told, stick him straight in
Sandro ( boy is class )
Bostock ( I got told he is amazing, next Stevie G, give him a game)
Hutton ( giv hm a chance on the LW, he cld be the nxt Robben )

Kane ( the boy is pure class)
Giovanni dos Sanots ( why dnt we play him ? he's superstar n next Ronaldinho)

BENCH

Oyennoggle ( nxt big thng), Parrott( class), Keane, Tarabatt ( pure class), Bent and Sandra Redknapp.

#7 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 07 January 2011 - 22:16

QUOTE (EuanW @ Jan 7 2011, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't be arsed. Is he even fit ? He can't have done anything good at all in training in the past months, otherwise he would've been rewarded with a bench place. Get rid, someone will surely take him whilst he has even just a wiff of a good WC still about him.

Kaboul
Dawson

Sandro ( boy is class )

BENCH

Oyennoggle ( nxt big thng), Parrott( class), Keane, Tarabatt ( pure class), Bent and Sandra Redknapp.

Agreed, although i'd probably start with BENCH dancing.gif

#8 Guest_THFC6061_*

Posted 08 January 2011 - 00:02

Tottenham Hotspur host Charlton Athletic at White Hart Lane on Sunday 9th January 2011 in the Third Round of the FA Cup.

This will be the 80th time the two clubs have met.

The first meeting came in November 1929 in the Semi-Final of the London FA Charity Cup at West Ham United's Upton Park in a game which Spurs won 5-3.

The teams met for their first League game in the Second Division just under a month later at the Valley with Charlton coming out on top 1-0. Spurs won the reverse fixture at White Hart Lane in April 1930 3-0.

Another match in the London FA Charity Cup was won by Spurs 6-0 at the Lane in October 1930.

The clubs met for four more seasons in the Second Division until the outbreak of World War Two with Spurs winning four games, Charlton winning three and one game drawn.

Spurs and Charlton met regularly during the wartime years and a total of 19 games were played during this period.

The first meetings in the First Division came during season 1950-51 and Spurs drew 1-1 at the Valley with Alf Ramsey scoring a penalty and won 1-0 at White Hart Lane with Sonny Walters scoring the winning goal. Spurs finished that season as Football League Champions for the first time.

The teams met for another six seasons in Division One up to season 1956-57 with Spurs winning seven games, Charlton winning four and one match drawn.

Spurs beat Charlton 3-2 in the FA Cup Third Round in 1961 with goals from Les Allen (2) and Terry Dyson. Tottenham would later win the FA Cup to go along with the League Championship which was also won that season.

Spurs dropped down to Division Two for season 1977-78 and lost 4-1 at the Valley with Peter Taylor scoring, but won the return game at White Hart Lane 2-1 with a Glenn Hoddle penalty and a John Pratt goal.

The teams were drawn together in the FA Cup Third Round in 1985 and Charlton drew 1-1 at the Lane with Garth Crooks scoring for Spurs. The replay at the Valley was won by Spurs 2-1 with goals from Mark Falco and Tony Galvin.

Charlton regained their Top Flight status in 1986-87 but lost both games to Spurs that season 2-0 at the Valley with Niko Claesen and Tony Galvin scoring while the match at the Lane ended 1-0 with a Clive Allen goal.

Charlton remained in the First Division for a further three seasons with Spurs winning two games, Charlton winning one and three matches drawn.

Spurs were founder members of the Premier League in 1992-93 with Charlton getting promoted in 1998-99. The match at White Hart Lane was drawn 2-2 with Alan Nielsen and Chris Armstrong scoring for Spurs, who won at the Valley 4-1 with goals from Darren Anderton, Oyvind Leonhardsen, Sergei Rebrov and an own goal from Charlton's Richard Rufus.

There were 14 more Premier League meetings before Charlton's relegation at the end of season 2006-07 resulting in six wins apiece and two draws.

Saturday's match will be the 5th FA Cup game between Spurs and Charlton, who have yet to win against Tottenham in the competition.

The clubs have never been drawn against each other in the Football League Cup.

Overall, Spurs have won 44 games, Charlton have won 24 and 11 matches have been drawn.

Full History of Tottenham Hotspur v Charlton Athletic Matches 1929-2011

Spurs v Charlton 1929-2011

They Played for Spurs & Charlton....

Darren Bent
Dennis Bond
Sid Castle
Garth Crooks
Jermain Defoe
Gary Doherty
Mike Flanagan
Theo Foley (Charlton player, Spurs res. manager)
Matt Forster
Clayton Fortune
Abraham Goodman
Richard Gough
John Hendry
Baden Herod
Scott Houghton
Jim Iley (Spurs player, Charlton coach)
Johnny Jackson
Neil Johnson
Chris Jones
David Kerslake
Paul Konchesky
Don McAllister
Paul Miller
Alan Mullery (Spurs player, Charlton manager)
Danny Murphy
Terry Naylor
Alan Pardew
Chris Perry
Andy Reid
Martin Robinson
Mark Robson
Neil Ruddock
Jimmy Seed (Spurs player, Charlton manager)
Peter Shreeves (Charlton coach, Spurs manager)
Ben Thatcher
Paul Walsh
Simon Webster
Len Worley
Luke Young

#9 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 08 January 2011 - 00:14

QUOTE (EuanW @ Jan 7 2011, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kaboul
Dawson

Sandro ( boy is class )

BENCH

Hmmm... sure I saw some moron post that exact team on 'The Transfer Tavern'...
Haha, only joking - I avoid that site like the f***ing plague - top effort though Pots, very accurate representation of the sort of mental puke that spews out of some of our fellow fan's minds! nice1.gif

#10 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 08 January 2011 - 16:24

I am not even going to try and pick the team for this match---but we need to rest some
of our first team players like Bale--VdV--and a couple of the others.
The players we have as back up should be good enough to beat Charlton.
Players that really need a game badly are--Sandro--Corluka--Krankja--Keane(if not sold)
Gio--and the rest of the reserve team like players we have.
I believe we are too strong a team for Charlton and think we will win 3---0 comfortably.
1940Spursman8...coys////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// ///////////

#11 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 08 January 2011 - 16:47

i'm sure the ginger pele will get a great reception tommorow welcome.gif crest.gif

as for jonnie jackson... fecking gooner angry2.gif

#12 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 08 January 2011 - 16:57

QUOTE (old grey yid @ Jan 8 2011, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm sure the ginger pele will get a great reception tommorow welcome.gif crest.gif

as for jonnie jackson... fecking gooner angry2.gif

Too true, I saw Jackson spouting some s*** about being excited about coming back to the Lane, but to all those in attendance tomorrow - remember his tales of actively supporting the Goons whilst still a Tottenham player, and give him the sound booing he deserves! boxing.gif

#13 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 08 January 2011 - 17:40

I love the FA Cup and every year I hope and praying.gif we can bring this magic trophy to the Lane and as the Year does end with a 1 maybe it will be our Year. . praying.gif cheers.gif

Harry will rotate a few players tomorrow but I expect us to have a comfortable win.

My team would be. .

Pletikosa
Corluka
Dawson
Bassong
Ekotto
Dos Santos
Sandro
Palacios
Kranjcar
Pavlyuchenko
Defoe

Still a very strong team that should run out 3-1 winners against the Addicks. . nice1.gif cheers.gif crest.gif

#14 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 08 January 2011 - 18:48

Wouldn't risk Wilson or Defoe for this one

#15 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:24

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Jan 8 2011, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wouldn't risk Wilson or Defoe for this one

Defoe desperately needs game time to get sharp, and has most likely been champing at the bit for the past two weeks.

Playing him is imperative.

#16 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:37

cannot find any streams for this game if anyone gets one could you post please

thanks

#17 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:12

just watched Harry's interview on SpursTV he named this team did not say goalkeeper though could be BS the press you never know with Harry he had his poker face on laugh.gif

Charlie
Dawson
Bassong
Benny
Bentley/Gio
Wilson
Sandro
Niko
Pav
Defoe

he also went on to say he thinks alongside A Cole he thinks Benny is the best LB in the prem when he was asked about Hansan comments on MOTD
also if Keane leaves we will only bring in a replacement if we can find a special player
Charlie is not for sale but Bentley can go out on loan loads of clubs want him but it's up to David now

#18 Guest_solidsquare_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:21

Does anyone know if this game is Live on normal TV or Sky?

#19 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:50

QUOTE (EuanW @ Jan 9 2011, 05:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Defoe desperately needs game time to get sharp, and has most likely been champing at the bit for the past two weeks.

Playing him is imperative.

I get your point about game time, and some goals would help him also. But if either he or wilson pick up an injury, we don't really have natural cover.

And this should be quite a high tempo physical 3RD round F.A. Cup match, unless we kill it off early.

Also, why play Wilson if we are going to play Sandro, Jenas should start this one for his attacking play and pace.

Kranky, wilson, Sandro, Gio, if this is our midfield i can't see us creating much.

#20 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:41

Team soon - Harry's made 9 changes, including a debut for Andros Townsend. Cudicini, Defoe, Pav, Niko all start.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users