Planet Spurs Forums: FA Cup (Third Round): Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 Charlton Athletic - Planet Spurs Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

FA Cup (Third Round): Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 Charlton Athletic Sunday 9 January, KO: 13:30 GMT, White Hart Lane

#61 Guest_smiley_spur_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 January 2011 - 14:55

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Jan 9 2011, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How is it sexist? She is a bird, and she is boring.

If it was a bloke and he was boring would it be sexist?

well actually what you said could have been interpreted as sexist seeing as you thought it was necessary to give a warning to the fact that she is a 'bird'. why not just say be warned, the commentator is boring. what you have said be warned, the commentator is male and he is boring? had the commentator not been a woman. probably not.

#62 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 15:02

Excellent. Glad to see Andros getting plaudits on the BBC, even before his goal went in. More experience for Sandro, Defoe gets sharper.

All round excellent.

#63 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 15:35

so the draw for the next round now then

#64 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 15:36

Live stream for the draw: http://falive.octopusmt.com/

#65 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 15:46

QUOTE (smiley_spur @ Jan 9 2011, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well actually what you said could have been interpreted as sexist seeing as you thought it was necessary to give a warning to the fact that she is a 'bird'. why not just say be warned, the commentator is boring. what you have said be warned, the commentator is male and he is boring? had the commentator not been a woman. probably not.

No, if it were a man, i'd have called him a tw*t.

#66 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 15:49

Fulham away it is next then!

#67 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 15:51

The full draw: http://www.planetspurs.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=238300

Fulham at home is a tough draw in my opinion. Some of the other Premier League teams got pretty lucky compared to us.

#68 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 09 January 2011 - 15:57

Well a comfortable 3---0 win as I predicted and a nice early KO.
Nice to see Townsend score a good goal plus a good player for the future.
The draw has been made and we have got Fulham away.
This could be a tricky little game and I know we beat Fulham in the league
but this is the F.A.cup but again I predict we will be tooooo strong for them
and we will come on to win this game.Hopefully we might have a couple of new players by then.
1940Spursman8...coys///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// ///////////

#69 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 15:58

f***ing Fulham every year in the FA Cup it seems like. Bored of it.

#70 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 16:25

3-0 nice job done. . dancing.gif

Excellent to see young Andros Townsend involved and get a goal and brilliant to see Jermain Defoe return after his ban with a brace, that will do both players the world of good.

Yes, it was only Charlton but at least we didn't slip up like Newcastle and Arse almost did, and hopefully will. . nice1.gif

Fulham away in the next round is OK. I have a feeling it's going to be out year in the FA Cup, afterall the year does end in a 1. . cheers.gif

#71 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 17:07

QUOTE (EuanW @ Jan 9 2011, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
f***ing Fulham every year in the FA Cup it seems like. Bored of it.

whats the problem!"!!!.. not enough sunshine this time of year in scotland or something euan .. ffs!.. what with this this and the "forum circus" of the beckham thread which incidently you where the ringmaster off fella..

fulhams about the best awayday anywhere apart from abroad...might be a s*** game but the pre & after game stuff is great down by the river..

anyway just back from the game & read through a bit of the thread... cant beleivee some of you havn't got a clue about andros townsend!!... just youtube his goals while he's been on loan at yeovil & orient.. class act & competiton for benny & bale very soon...future england left back mark my words.

& pav today!!,, seen more life in a pot of yoghurt.. as soon as modric came on the game changed! gets more like ossie ardile everytime i see him. wouldn't swop him for the entire man city squad..

#72 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 17:25

Nice to see Defoe back on score-sheet.

#73 Guest_hdhotdog_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 17:29

QUOTE (old grey yid @ Jan 9 2011, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
whats the problem!"!!!.. not enough sunshine this time of year in scotland or something euan .. ffs!.. what with this this and the "forum circus" of the beckham thread which incidently you where the ringmaster off fella..

fulhams about the best awayday anywhere apart from abroad...might be a s*** game but the pre & after game stuff is great down by the river..

anyway just back from the game & read through a bit of the thread... cant beleivee some of you havn't got a clue about andros townsend!!... just youtube his goals while he's been on loan at yeovil & orient.. class act & competiton for benny & bale very soon...future england left back mark my words.

& pav today!!,, seen more life in a pot of yoghurt.. as soon as modric came on the game changed! gets more like ossie ardile everytime i see him. wouldn't swop him for the entire man city squad..

I must admit, my first reaction was not bloody Fulham again. It seems every year we get them or Man U in the cups. However I agree with you, I love Fulham as an away trip, the 8 bells is a great pre match pub and had some great times in there.

Good to see Pav put in a shift today. It doesnt suprise me!

Also good to hear good comments about Townsend. Would like to see him played a bit in our cup games, give him a proper chance and give Bale some rest.

#74 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 17:33

I was merely pointing out we seem to play them every year, the last bit was more flippant than serious. Hopefully we'll do them them 4-0 again, but it would've been nice to get another minnow for the next round, and see more of the likes of Townsend and Sandro.

As for the Beckham thread, how am I a 'ringmaster' of anything ? Kindly point me to specific post. I merely stated my view on it and backed it up with valid points that were reasonably well argued, whilst fairly pointing out why I disagreed with others. I even stated I was done talking about, and that some of the counter points were valid, but was drawn into commenting again, because people were stating points that were factually incorrect. I'm all for difference of opinion, and healthy debate. This is a democracy after all is it not.

I would be appreciative of a reply to this, OGY, as being labelled 'ringmaster' suggests I have somehow been deliberately controlling and causing a frenzy/arguments/dissension for my own amusement.

Oh well, can't please them all, all the time.

EDIT - FA Cup highlights are on at 11pm tonight on ITV1 for those of us in the UK.

#75 Guest_meistah80_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 17:35

well chuffed with the result today.
nice to see andos score and jd geting two will help him.
some big games coming up so good also to let vdv, bake, modric etc have a rest.

bring on fulham!

#76 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 09 January 2011 - 18:03

Defoe goals. Townsend one is chopped off, not sure why.

#77 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 10 January 2011 - 13:13

My initial reaction to the Fulham tie was 'Sod it, that will be tricky' but the more I think about it, the happier I become. It will be a good opportunity to test Townsend and Sandos against decent opposition and a chance to give Kranjar another run-out. One or two of the crucial players can be rested and brought on later, if necessary. I would certainly start Modric though, WP and Sandos as the two starting central midfielders makes no sense to me!

#78 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 10 January 2011 - 13:15

Apologies,make that Sandro...I'm losing it!

#79 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 15:21

I think that could well be what Arry will do.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#80 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 10 January 2011 - 20:14

QUOTE (old grey yid @ Jan 9 2011, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as soon as modric came on the game changed! gets more like ossie ardile everytime i see him. wouldn't swop him for the entire man city squad..

amen.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users