Planet Spurs Forums: Tottenham Hotspur 0-0 Manchester United - Planet Spurs Forums

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham Hotspur 0-0 Manchester United Sunday 16 January, KO: 16:10 GMT, White Hart Lane

#161 Guest_CO_Spurs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 January 2011 - 17:54

QUOTE (Tommospur @ Jan 16 2011, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn it, that was our chance VDV! He looks tired, that would've been a goal 15 mins ago when he wasn't knackered...

Yeah, I wonder if Harry will consider bringing him off for Pav in the final minutes...

#162 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 16 January 2011 - 18:00

89:30
Benoit Assou-Ekotto delivers the ball, William Gallas produces a header from deep inside the six-yard box that clears the crossbar.

damn

#163 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 16 January 2011 - 18:01

i aint givin up hope yet only takes seconds to score come on spurs

#164 Guest_CO_Spurs_*

Posted 16 January 2011 - 18:05

Bummer... In the end a point is still good...but...

#165 Guest_FergoSpurs_*

Posted 16 January 2011 - 18:06

we were better then them but had no cutting edge.

Last time for Crouch please Arry - all of our creativity went to waste. Manure there for the taking and we f*cked it up.

Overall, not happy with a point.

#166 Guest_Johnny Hazard_*

Kingdom for a striker!!!

#167 Guest_Stephan_*

2 points dropped. We should've killed it off before half time and we could've cruised away with it against 10 men.

Yet again unimpressed by Crouch. He costs us points after points. He just f***s up the whole game plan and misses absolutely vital chances. He can have as many assists as you like but 5 assists don't weigh up against 10 more goals if we would have a top class striker.

#168 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 16 January 2011 - 18:07

That was the perfect example of why more people should hate Man U - we played all the attacking football - they just sat deep, fouled, dived, bitched, time wasted and were generally c***s as usual.
f*** them, a point's ok but Levy buy a striker who can make the difference because every other element of our team bossed them today! We're so close to true glory if we do...

#169 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 16 January 2011 - 18:08

ugh...ughhhhhhh

good game by our players. they played to their potential for the most part i thought.

not really excited by the crouch start ahead of defoe. crouch did well but obviously can't run with our wingers. why can't we let defoe start to run with the wingers and then bring on crouch in the 70th minute? i don't understand it...

#170 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 16 January 2011 - 18:14

Bit unfair at the end but I had it prepared just in case laugh.gif

#171 Guest_hdhotdog_*

Posted 16 January 2011 - 18:24

I dont get all the abuse of Crouch. Im the first to critise our strikers, but I think today you have got to take your hats off to Vidic and Ferdinand who defended superbly. Vdv was getting no space to move and turn, Crouch was being marked out the game, and the balls into him wasnt great. Bale and Lennon didnt really deliver today, and VDV crossing from corners and free kicks were poor.

That said we were the better team everywhere today and while Crouch and VDV didnt do much, the same can be said of Rooney, Berba and Hernandez. Also for all those calling for Defoe, I suggest you look up Defoes scoring record against the big clubs, its dire.

#172 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 16 January 2011 - 19:37

We didn't take 3 points today and we probably just deserved to beat Man Ure. But we can take alot of postives from todays performance. . .

Gomes looks like he is getting his confidence and top form back and the back four looked solid and composed when Man Ure did attack us.

Our midfield worked hard but also used the ball very well. Luka Modric was awesome and ran the show today. Note to Wilson Palacios; don't ever try those long rang shots again mate as you'll NEVER score from that distance, please please pass it to a team-mate.

We didn't make the most of the chances we had and I was certain that Rafael van der Vaart was going to curl that late chance in, but it went just wide.

I think we can all see we need a World Class striker than can finish off all our good work and I'm sure Harry & Levy are doing their best to sign one. But they don't come easy or cheap.

Yes, it's 2 points dropped at home. But overall I was very happy with our team performance. nice1.gif

#173 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 16 January 2011 - 19:50

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/video-raf...inst-tottenham/

w***ers one and all...

#174 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 16 January 2011 - 21:08

QUOTE (Tommospur @ Jan 16 2011, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

bloody h*ll, irrational tw*ts.

the commentator as well :|

#175 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 16 January 2011 - 22:55

QUOTE (hdhotdog @ Jan 16 2011, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont get all the abuse of Crouch. Im the first to critise our strikers, but I think today you have got to take your hats off to Vidic and Ferdinand who defended superbly. Vdv was getting no space to move and turn, Crouch was being marked out the game, and the balls into him wasnt great. Bale and Lennon didnt really deliver today, and VDV crossing from corners and free kicks were poor.

That said we were the better team everywhere today and while Crouch and VDV didnt do much, the same can be said of Rooney, Berba and Hernandez. Also for all those calling for Defoe, I suggest you look up Defoes scoring record against the big clubs, its dire.

i agree

#176 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 16 January 2011 - 23:04

well that was the livliest 0-0 draw i have seen since we played their mancunian cousins.

I have to say reading thru the posts that i disagree with the abuse aimed at the ref. I actually thought he was very good, if anything we got the rub of the green from him which is very rare against man utd.

Also as hdhotdog said the abuse of crouch is misguided as well. I was in favour of defoe starting but the game plan of using the flanks with a target man up front and VDV alongside was reasonable and for the most part we were the better side.

Other than that i thought BAE, Palacios and Dawson and Gallas were all excellent. Apart form a couple of rushes of blood it was the wilson of old.

Modric was sensational and our MOM.

Bale was great.

VDV was a bit too quiet and really should have scored when he curled his shot over.

Lennon was patchy i thought.

BUT MOM was Vidic - what a player. He single handedly kept us out for 90 mins.

Overall we were the better side and needed to win that game, but couldnt aaginst another team that parked the bus. Maybe we should consider buying a striker in this window. Just a thought!

#177 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 16 January 2011 - 23:53

aussis agree completely with your post except the bale point... his final ball at times today wasnt upto scratch, still had a half decent game though and if we play like that for the rest of the season i dont think theyll be many teams that could cope with us.

#178 Guest_To Dare Is To Do_*

Posted 17 January 2011 - 00:38

QUOTE (aussispurs @ Jan 16 2011, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well that was the livliest 0-0 draw i have seen since we played their mancunian cousins.

I have to say reading thru the posts that i disagree with the abuse aimed at the ref. I actually thought he was very good, if anything we got the rub of the green from him which is very rare against man utd.

Also as hdhotdog said the abuse of crouch is misguided as well. I was in favour of defoe starting but the game plan of using the flanks with a target man up front and VDV alongside was reasonable and for the most part we were the better side.

Other than that i thought BAE, Palacios and Dawson and Gallas were all excellent. Apart form a couple of rushes of blood it was the wilson of old.

Modric was sensational and our MOM.

Bale was great.

VDV was a bit too quiet and really should have scored when he curled his shot over.

Lennon was patchy i thought.

BUT MOM was Vidic - what a player. He single handedly kept us out for 90 mins.

Overall we were the better side and needed to win that game, but couldnt aaginst another team that parked the bus. Maybe we should consider buying a striker in this window. Just a thought!

Great post.

Couldn't agree more about the ref. I guess a Spurs forum isn't the place to expect objectivity, but I was surprised to read through these posts after the game and see so many complaints. I believe that he whistled roughly twice as many fouls against ManU as he did against us, which I think was about right.

Also agree on BAE. He was fantastic. Nani would probably be considered United's danger man this year, and he was a non-factor. BAE also played in a few dangerous balls.

The real problem was our failure to cause them any problems with the many corners/dangerous free kicks we had. Once again we weren't good enough on those. And the three best chances we had (vdV's header, vdV's curler, and Crouch's near post run on the low cross) all missed the target.

#179 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:40

Modric was very good, if he could score goals he would be awesome.

We have come a long way when we feel we have dropped 2 points against Utd

#180 Guest_Go Team_*

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:54

Decent game but I felt we lacked structure, we seemed to go straight at them and lose trhe ball every time we got posetion rather than trying to build a real chance. The were just as bad at that too.

Bale's crossing had an off day and VDV might have done better but for such an open game I can't really remember then having chances.

Dawsons return and Willy P's return to form seem to have made us a lot tighter at the back.

Tactical choice to go for crouch but Lennon and Bale couldn't manage a cross between them so I would've prefered Defoe.

Was proud to see us bringing on a striker to go for the win as United were subbing Nani for the more defensive Anderson and trying to shut up shop. A point from a tough game and lets hope we return to winning ways and get back into the top four soon.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users