Planet Spurs Forums: Tottenham Hotspur 0-0 Manchester United - Planet Spurs Forums

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham Hotspur 0-0 Manchester United Sunday 16 January, KO: 16:10 GMT, White Hart Lane

#41 Guest_Tommospur_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:15

I reckon that's a bit of an urban myth...
Man U don't normally 'play' against us IMO - especially at The Lane, they generally foul the f*** out of us to disrupt our fluency (unpunished) and hit us from set pieces or on the break when we overcommit!
Only them and Chelsea (it happened this season) can get away with that and keep winning, because refs are scared of them they don't get the yellows/reds they deserve, and any other team would receive for doing the same thing.
I'd take a draw now.

#42 User is offline   spursdub10 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:25

QUOTE (Tommospur @ Jan 14 2011, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I reckon that's a bit of an urban myth...
Man U don't normally 'play' against us IMO - especially at The Lane, they generally foul the f*** out of us to disrupt our fluency (unpunished) and hit us from set pieces or on the break when we overcommit!
Only them and Chelsea (it happened this season) can get away with that and keep winning, because refs are scared of them they don't get the yellows/reds they deserve, and any other team would receive for doing the same thing.
I'd take a draw now.

Totally agree (except taking the draw part).
Man U have outmuscled us over the years. Soft southern pansies and all that.... Fergie gets them right up for it everytime they play us. And the referees do not help one bit when it comes to Man u. ( see H Webb v Liverpool last weekend).
But times have changed. The Spurs of old may have been lightweights and lacked belief but no more. We have shown it over the last dozen games that we can battle and on our day we are a match for anyone. If you listen to VDV, Bale and even Jenas lately in interviews, its obvious that the self belief is now there at the club.
Only United have a better home record than us lately. I have been waiting a long time to finally put one over on them and this Sunday is our chance.
COYS

#43 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:30

QUOTE (EuanW @ Jan 14 2011, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Vidic, Scholes and Gary Neville is enough to make any team dirty bastards, so I'd have to agree !

... er i think you missed fletcher, rooney, ferdinand, evans, gibson there my friend

#44 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2011 - 15:29

Man, I cannot believe I have not posted anything on here yet!! Have been excited about this game for weeks!!

Though I am trying to remain cautious, I really do feel that we have our best chance at beating them for an age on Sunday!! Hudd aside, we should be at full strength and we are a lot stronger now than we have been for years!! If the likes of Bale, V.d.V, Lennon, Defoe and Modric are at thier best I feel we have enough to win this game!! It's all about belief, playing without fear and not getting caught up in any nonsense (Ie loosing our heads) As that is what they will be counting on!! In pure footballing terms they cant come near us!! I mean, Fletcher, Anderson, and alike.. Technically they are not in the same league as what we have!!

The protest on Sunday should make sure the fans are more up for it than ever, so all bodes well!!

COYS!! WE CAN DO THIS THING!!!

#45 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 14 January 2011 - 16:08

QUOTE (aussispurs @ Jan 14 2011, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... er i think you missed fletcher, rooney, ferdinand, evans, gibson there my friend

Definitely, although the ones I mentioned are still 'enough' to make the team dirty, by themselves !

They might be physical, but they do let us play because they dont sit back very deep etc. All our games with them in the past couple of years have been good football encounters, and despite losing, we've been allowed time and space to play, and have looked good. Better than when we struggle to break down bus parkers.

Someone will try to peg VDV no doubt, I'd expect him to get rough treatment.

#46 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 14 January 2011 - 17:04

Yeh we have had quite a few fast tempo'd end to end games with them before ^

#47 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 14 January 2011 - 17:27

QUOTE (EuanW @ Jan 14 2011, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Someone will try to peg VDV no doubt, I'd expect him to get rough treatment.

Fletcher I reckon, cos he's a bit more physical and athletic than Carrick.

#48 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 14 January 2011 - 18:26

just heard rooney is definatley out!!... frgie will now partner berbatov with howard webb in attack lmao.gif lmao.gif

#49 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 14 January 2011 - 19:09

Due to the financial constraints that are affecting most clubs Man Utd have today confirmed they are to release 15 members of staff. . .

The 5 referee's and 10 linesman are said to be absolutely gutted.

Howard Webb's children have spoken today denying that their father is biased in anyway towards Man Utd. . George, Bobby, Ryan, Eric and Wayne all said they were deeply hurt by these allegations.

#50 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 14 January 2011 - 20:10

lol you dudes are hilarious Clapping.gif Clapping.gif Clapping.gif

#51 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 15 January 2011 - 18:09

Arsenal, man city and chelsea all won today, a little more pressure on spurs.

#52 User is online   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2011 - 18:13

Well Raj, unless your phsycic arsenal are still playing lol, although i dont hold out much hope for west ham, especially 1-0 down. Agreed though, more incentive and pressure to win tomorrow.

#53 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 15 January 2011 - 19:18

Yeh I assumed all the games were FT when i wrote tht ^ but yeh 3-0 damn.

Still pumped for tomorrow, hope whoever plays in CM roles shows up

#54 Guest_Foxy_*

Posted 15 January 2011 - 21:47

As a 19 year old beating united in the league seems like a childhood memory, i have watched and hoped every season since and have been denied by underconfident spurs performances and slack/bias referee decisions. There is no team in the premier league i would take more joy from beating. COYS!

#55 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 15 January 2011 - 22:26

QUOTE (Foxy @ Jan 15 2011, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As a 19 year old beating united in the league seems like a childhood memory, i have watched and hoped every season since and have been denied by underconfident spurs performances and slack/bias referee decisions. There is no team in the premier league i would take more joy from beating. COYS!

Same

Past few years we've managed to sort out our poor streaks against arsenal chelsea and liverpool by getting some wins, a win against man utd do wonders.

#56 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:17

There's too many pundits predicting us to win. For sure that is going to jinx us. I wish the man utd players were thinking they would be able to turn up as usual the white hart lane and collect 3 points.

I am normally the merchant of doom and even i fancy us against the bastards. Mind you i think the only way we can beat united is to

a. Completely hammer them like 4 or 5 nil a bit like the way we broke the chelski and arse jinxes)
or
b. Make sure we are level or behind at half time and then score in the last couple of mins.

Hoping for a.

#57 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:58

The match at Old Truffle was not the usual way they play against us. i expect them to defend and play on the counter. We may see alot of the ball in front of their back 4 and because we lack a top striker i feel we will struggle to score against them.

As per the norm, our chances rely heavily on Bale and VDV

#58 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:03

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Jan 16 2011, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The match at Old Truffle was not the usual way they play against us. i expect them to defend and play on the counter. We may see alot of the ball in front of their back 4 and because we lack a top striker i feel we will struggle to score against them.

As per the norm, our chances rely heavily on Bale and VDV

And don't forget Luka Modric & Jermain Defoe mate, who both can and hopefully will cause Man Ure many problems.

I though am very confident, but also worried that 'every pundit & expert' seems to be tipping us to win! And we all know we seem to do the opposite of what these people say. . rolleyes.gif

But, I am going for a 3-2 Tottenham win with goals from Defoe, Bale & Van der Vaart. . dancing.gif praying.gif

#59 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:14

just saw their team on paper and it looks pretty awesome. I think it is the first time they have been at full strength all season.

... their good luck starts already

#60 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:44

QUOTE (EuanW @ Jan 14 2011, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Vidic, Scholes and Gary Neville is enough to make any team dirty bastards, so I'd have to agree !

fully agree with that.

Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users