Planet Spurs Forums: Newcastle United 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Newcastle United 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur Saturday 22 January, KO: 15:00 GMT, St James' Park

#161 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:59

I agree with above comments BUT when are we going to get some sort of consistency? its ok someone doing fine for one or two games then going off, but we wont win anything like that.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#162 Guest_Go Team_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 January 2011 - 13:59

I think our game plan revolved around Bale overlapping Peinar on the left. 10 minutes into the game that was gone and we had no width on the left. Playing one up front only works if we have support from the flanks and we only had lennon getting forward.

Not a tactical oversight, just hard to fix without making two subs on the ten minute mark.

Crouch isn't in the pitch to score, he has a ton of assists. Defoe on the other hand has one job, and he failed it. He's a great player on form but he needs to find it quick.

I actually think we were unlucky to concede a goal on the break and we deserved all three points, we caught a bit of a break with city losing but we need a run of wins now or we'll get left behind.

On Bent, he didn't, and doesn't suit our style of play. He'll get goals for himself but I'm glad he's gone.

#163 Guest_obi_*

Posted 24 January 2011 - 19:27

totally agree with goteam about bale injury messing up our game plan. for me thats the biggest excuse for saturdays performance. along with the striker issue.

also agree on the points made about crouch, the positeve ones i mean. he again build up our goal and played his role well.

the last week i have been thinking about our formations problems. vdv coming so deep leaves us with few options play forward, this was again the case on saturday. i think we really need to do something about this. either go back to 442 formation, putting our talented mid field to fight it out whos in the bench and whos in the field. or give strick rules for vdv not to come so deep, and do his playmaking up field(upper the field).

451 could work better dropping bale to back four, but now he is injured...

love the way how we have been playing with modric and vdv as cm partners in end of the games lately! who else plays with such a attacking centre players, no one, only spurs! on the other hand thats only because we are unable to score.......

next match ohara as left back???is he fit enougth?

MOM modric again, only if he could score. but i belive the goals are there to come, was't far away this time either, and that shot to the bar was no "girly shot" by any means

#164 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 24 January 2011 - 21:05

QUOTE (obi @ Jan 24 2011, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the last week i have been thinking about our formations problems. vdv coming so deep leaves us with few options play forward, this was again the case on saturday. i think we really need to do something about this. either go back to 442 formation, putting our talented mid field to fight it out whos in the bench and whos in the field. or give strick rules for vdv not to come so deep, and do his playmaking up field(upper the field).

vdv does seem to play very haphazardly. he is very selfish about wanting the ball, which is fine with me because he always does good things with it, but id rather see him save his energy for the attack. when he drops deep it seems to confuse our players who don't seem to be comfortable moving into the space he just occupied. for some reason our squad seems reluctant to play total football like vdv's runs suggest (just my opinion) and obviously, we have some talent gaps that prevent us from truly playing that way (rb basically). i kind of wish vdv would instead let the midfield win the ball and shift to a side to flood the wings (we usually play it outside or to crouch). im sure he would draw markers. and open up things farther upfield. fitting him to our midfield is definitely a huge conundrum, even now.

love the way how we have been playing with modric and vdv as cm partners in end of the games lately! who else plays with such a attacking centre players, no one, only spurs! on the other hand thats only because we are unable to score.......
MOM modric again, only if he could score. but i belive the goals are there to come, was't far away this time either, and that shot to the bar was no "girly shot" by any means

i loved that change at the end, but, if we are going to play that way, i'd say we are better off subbing out a center back and putting in an energetic ball winner like palacios, sandro, or a diarra (if we could sign him). we're counting on holding possession anyways, so why not sweeten the roll a bit? its definitely nice to see us gambling that way. i think we are proving that we don't play anti-football.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users