Planet Spurs Forums: FA Cup (Fourth Round): Fulham 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

FA Cup (Fourth Round): Fulham 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur Sunday 30 January, KO: 16:30 GMT, Craven Cottage

#121 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 January 2011 - 19:09

QUOTE (EuanW @ Jan 30 2011, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry but as it stands, Sandro is a fantasy. There is no evidence of what he would bring at this point. There's no way anyone can compare him to Parker, and the things we know he'd bring.
I gave Palacios so so so many chances, but even when he started playing better a month or so back, he is simply is INCAPABLE of retaining possession of a football. It's a sad fact, but we appear to have left him behind when we came out of relegation, and started having teams sit back on us.
At this point Parker is better than Jenas, Palacios, Sandro and not that far off Hudd. He has single handedly kept West Ham going with his passion and qualities. The majority of our midfield are pansies.
I'd prefer Diarra, but I'd wager that Parker would have at least an equal immediate effect on our team.

pt 1: agree. sandro needs an occasional chance to shine this season and then we start bringing him on stronger next season.

pt 2: palacios is an awful possession footballer. he needs to forget about attacking, at all, ever, and just turn himself into a roving ball winner that dumps 5 yard passes to the safest, nearest available man. i don't understand why he does not do this. i also don't understand why no one can coach him into doing this.

pt 3: i like parker a lot actually and i think hes got great qualities. hes got great stamina, drive, decent speed, great short and medium passing, he knows how to tackle cleanly, he speaks english, he has a good hard shot and isn't bad from outside the box, he isn't afraid to get stuck in and commit dirty cynical fouls that don't result in penalties and cards. hes a classy gentleman from what i understand and would not rock the boat. its too bad hes a bit on the old side and won't have much, if any, sell on value. too bad spam are f***ing bastards when it comes to transfer dealings with us. gold brady and sullivan just a bunch of f***ing opportunistic w***ers trying to fleece us for every mediocre bit of pr. its pathetic. anyways, sign him up if we can for a reasonable price but don't break the bank. the only person to break the bank for is diarra (i would drop 14 million on him, would be massive imo)

pt 4: yes, but diarra is a freaking SPECIMEN man, a masterful ball winner. parker would probably fit our culture better though.

#122 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 30 January 2011 - 19:17

QUOTE (Foxy @ Jan 30 2011, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thought today was gonna be a quality game, our midfield onwards looked great for the opening minutes, then the defence bent over as usual and fulham took full advantage. I don't think it's a case of our defenders not being good enough they just don't seem to be disiplined enough, too much attention goes towards our attacking players perhaps it's time we focused on becoming more of a unit at the back rather than 4 headless chickins getting bullied by average strikers. Complete waste of time..

couldn't agree more my friend!

i want our last seasons defense back. who are these f***ing clowns playing for us that managed to only let in 10 goals at home last season? dawson had a freaking nightmare today. i have noticed that he has been spending a lot more time on the ball in the last couple of games, looking upfield to pick out a long delivery. i'd rather him be a bit more agrarian in his approach! safety first, right? also, i want to see corluka again. the hutton experiment is over for me unless lennon isn't playing.

total embarrassment today! who were these f***ing clown ass impostors on the pitch in spurs uniforms??

#123 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 30 January 2011 - 19:53

Football can indeed be a cruel mistress and Spurs can take you to the heights of esctasy at times. Or like today dump you to the depths of dispear. . crying.gif

Our Cup runeth over and it was an embarassing display, a terrible a 1st half performance(if you can call it that) as against Young Boys & Inter Milan. . Only this time there was to be no exciting comeback. crying.gif

A very bad day at the office, but we win as a team and we lose as a team.

Let's hope we bounch back with a win at Blackburn on Wednesday night at Ewood Park. praying.gif

#124 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 30 January 2011 - 20:27

QUOTE (Hotspur @ Jan 30 2011, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Football can indeed be a cruel mistress and Spurs can take you to the heights of esctasy at times. Or like today dump you to the depths of dispear. . crying.gif

Our Cup runeth over and it was an embarassing display, a terrible a 1st half performance(if you can call it that) as against Young Boys & Inter Milan. . Only this time there was to be no exciting comeback. crying.gif

A very bad day at the office, but we win as a team and we lose as a team.

Let's hope we bounch back with a win at Blackburn on Wednesday night at Ewood Park. praying.gif

Agreed, best put this one behind us as quick as possible, just a freak accident, move on...........

#125 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 30 January 2011 - 20:27

What the h*ll went wrong? was Gomes at fault in any of the four goals.?
Good job fulham didnt have some of their injured players fit then or it would have probably been total humiliation
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#126 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 30 January 2011 - 21:01

QUOTE (journeyman @ Jan 30 2011, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good job fulham didnt have some of their injured players fit then or it would have probably been total humiliation

Gomes on third goal might have done a bit better, but shocking defence today tbh; Daws probably has to take most of the blame today. Dallying around in our half with the ball, losing it and them capatilising on our mistakes. Red card was a bit harsh imo, we didn't help our cause either. 4th Goal Bassong too casual, Dembele stormed in and took a decent shot outside area. 4-0 is total humiliation sad.gif

#127 Guest_hdhotdog_*

Posted 30 January 2011 - 21:50

I went to the game today and it was shocking. Someone said we started well going forward, well I didnt see that at all! I dont think we even tested the keeper and Defoe was completely uneffective. I would like to see his total touches, because it wouldnt suprise me if he touched the ball less than 10 times!

No balance to the team at all, I dont understand why we had Lennon playing from the left and Pienaar playing in the same position. We had nobody on the right, where Lennon is best suited.

Gomes couldnt hang onto a single thing, and the defence in general was shocking.

People are slating Palacios but he didnt have a great season last year, but he still played majority of our games. Sandro doesnt look good at all, but while he is young we shouldnt be too critical. Palacios should start ahead of him every time though.

I actually wouldn of taken Pienaar off for Gallas. By taking off Sandro it basically left us with Pienaar, Lennon Modric in Midfield and we were just too lightweight. I didnt want Sandro playing but as he was it would of made sense to keep some steal.

#128 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:54

That awnsers my question brilliantly thank you.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#129 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 31 January 2011 - 13:55

QUOTE (journeyman @ Jan 30 2011, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I feel that Gomes must take some of the responsibility for the second goal. A few weeks' ago you posted a thread on Gomes inviting comments about his ability. In my response, right at the end, I said that his throw-outs are sometimes dodgy; yesterday he gave a further example of this. The second goal came from a goal kick...Dawson came short and Gomes kicked it across the penalty area to the centre half. Although when the ball was kicked, the Fulham striker was ten yards from Dawson, it was obvious that he would close him down...as he did...so that when MD received the ball, he was under unnecessary pressure. Ok, he still had enough time to clear it, just, but there was nothing to be gained from the short kick. A keeper must learn to be discriminatory, just because a player calls for it, the keeper isn't obliged to give it. It was bloody stupid, especially in view of what had happened 4 minues previously.

#130 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 31 January 2011 - 14:42

That is the problem with having a team full of midgets, Gomes can't go long because it will just come straight back.

Can't hang Gomes for that one, sorry.

#131 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 31 January 2011 - 16:00

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Jan 31 2011, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is the problem with having a team full of midgets, Gomes can't go long because it will just come straight back.

Can't hang Gomes for that one, sorry.

You have a point, and it might well be the reason why Dawson chose to turn back with the ball rather than hoofing it upfield to no one in particular. But giving it short when it is potentially dangerous to do so is inviting trouble.
MD main culprit, obviously, but HG not blameless IMO.

#132 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:54

so apart from strikers, defenders, etc looks like we need another keeper!!!!

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#133 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 01 February 2011 - 15:59

This game was a bloody joke as two experienced players--Hutton & Dawson make
two childish supposedly tackles--Hutton pushes someone over and first penalty given
and then our in form player lets a player get away from him and pulls him back by his
shirt and he is last player ie; Dawson and another penalty and a red card.He gets a 3
game ban and weakens our back four and he should be fined heavily for his error.
I want what is best for SPURS and senior players should not be making mistakes like this.
1940Spursman8...coys///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // angry2.gif

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users