Planet Spurs Forums: Blackburn Rovers 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Blackburn Rovers 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur Wednesday 2 February, KO: 20:00 GMT, Ewood Park

#1 Guest_Stephan_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:47

After the shocking display against Fulham in the FA Cup and a disastrous transfer window performance by the board we face another tough test at Ewood Park.

Dawson is out due to suspension, Kaboul is injured, King is injured. It will be a big surprise who will be our central pairing, although Bassong & Gallas look most likely.

Bale is still rested with a back injury so he won't take part anyway.

Blackburn will be without their pantomime villain El Hadji Diouf since he moved on a deadline day loan deal to Rangers.

#2 Guest_markgrovecarter_*

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:58

I'm quite liking the line up proposed by "Special Yid" in another topic...

.................Gomes

Corluka...Bassong...Gallas...BAE

Lennon...Palacios. ..VDV...Modric

...............Pav...Defoe

Blackburn a quite a physical side and i'm wondering whether we are a bit light in midfield, could we possibly bring in Livermore, he's a big guy??

Lennon...Palacios...Livermore...Modric

.......................VDV

??????????????????

#3 Guest_markgrovecarter_*

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:58

OOOOO Woodgate is back apparently....

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/artic...ews-010211.html

#4 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 01 February 2011 - 13:04

I'd like to see Kranky get a go, why should Pienaar immediately be an automatic choice ? Dont even agree with his signing, to be honest, not when Niko is still here. Seems pointless and was only done becuase we got a 'deal'.

Gomes

Corluka
Bassong/Woodgate
Gallas
Ekotto

Lennon
Modric
Palacios/ Sandro
Kranjcar

VDV
Crouch/Defoe/Pav

Couldn't really give a hoot who plays upfront right now. This team won't play, mind you, Pienaar is liable to start somewhere. Livermore is a fantasy at this point, and shouldn't be anywhere near our team. I doubt that he'll ever be good enough for us.

#5 Guest_swindonspur_*

Posted 01 February 2011 - 14:05

Can't underline the importance of this game enough. If win can get a good win at Blackburn who have been playing quite well at home of late, this would put us back on track and put the woeful display at Fulham behind us and take everyone's mind of the recent lack of dealings in the transfer window.

I just hope the boys are up for it or I fear the worse, can't afford to lose any more ground.

COYS

#6 Guest_markgrovecarter_*

Posted 01 February 2011 - 14:42

we need to bring back some of this feeling and some more goals please, everyones a bit down at the moment....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaiBFPb9X9Q

#7 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 01 February 2011 - 14:47

I like this one even better Mark !

#8 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 01 February 2011 - 15:02

That one's great. This one ain't bad either. Very dramatic soundtrack. The finale with the City game is one of the most epic piece of youtube footage I have ever seen!

#9 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 01 February 2011 - 15:45

Have to say I think VDV has to play cm for a bit or be benched|!!! Such a great player, but accomadating him to play that role just tbehind the striker is killing us!! We just cant play tyhat way!! Playing two up top, at least means one of the strikers might start scoring/get on a run of goals!!

#10 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 01 February 2011 - 18:13

Glad to see everybody is backing the good old 4-4-2! Just quick update: Dawson only has a one match ban, so will only miss tomorrows game which is good news. A lot of us thought straight red was three match ban but seems like it's only one (due to non-violent) offense? Me thinks.

#11 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 01 February 2011 - 18:29

I thought that, but others seemed to disagree. Professional foul is only a one match ban, as it can invariably happen to a defender and isn't usually the same as a horrible tackle, or violent conduct.

#12 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 01 February 2011 - 18:42

Santa Cruz is injured I think but they have a threat in Hoilett, he looks like a good player. Really hope he doesn't risk Woodgate tomorrow, but in two minds as a result tomorrow would boost everyones confidence.

MATCH OFFICIALS
Referee: Andre Marriner
Assistant referees: Stuart Burt & David Richardson
Fourth official: Phil Dowd

#13 Guest_markgrovecarter_*

Posted 01 February 2011 - 19:10

QUOTE (David_Jeenola @ Feb 1 2011, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Santa Cruz is injured I think but they have a threat in Hoilett, he looks like a good player. Really hope he doesn't risk Woodgate tomorrow, but in two minds as a result tomorrow would boost everyones confidence.

Oh a good result tomorrow would give the players and fans such a boost, but not just that we need our strikers to start scoring again.....

Defoe has been injured for a while so i can kind of let him off a bit. Harry doesn't seem to give Pav a good run of game which I think he needs!!!! Crouch I think has been playing okay, not really scoring much (which is poor) but he links up quite well with VDV.

#14 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 01 February 2011 - 20:22

Can't wait to see Kalinic to be honest. I think he's a great prospect. He might not score them for fun but he's playing at Blackburn not a top side. He could be a target for the Summer in my view. Young, tall, good skills. Only needs a bit more time and could be the next big Croatian striker after Olic and Petric.

#15 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 01 February 2011 - 20:25

4-4-2 please.

I would bench VDV and bring him on if needed, i think thats what Holland do, he is a bit of a luxury player in my view.

#16 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 01 February 2011 - 21:26

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Feb 1 2011, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
4-4-2 please.

I would bench VDV and bring him on if needed, i think thats what Holland do, he is a bit of a luxury player in my view.

Don't think that'll happen PnR - whether it's right or wrong I think we'll try and make this 4-5-1 work, especially as VDV is our top scorer, we now only have 3 first team strikers on the books, and are away from home this week against physically tough opposition.

#17 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 01 February 2011 - 22:01

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Feb 1 2011, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
4-4-2 please.

Its interesting how he has probably been our best player this year but some of us are calling for him to be benched. I am not convinced with him as a second striker role either.

With bale out i would be inclined to try to accomodate modric and vdv in our 4 man midfield with palacios and either lennon or pienaar. If that doesnt work we are in the position of choosing either modric or vdv to start

#18 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 01 February 2011 - 22:48

Most of VDV's goals have been scored at WHL, i'm not slagging him off because he has alot of talent, but he is a luxury player, he is not a backs against the wall and grind out a result player.

We need a result against Blackburn, not a performance of skill and class (both is not happening very often).

Corluka, Crouch, Palacios, King, Dawson and maybe even Gallas will win an ugly game for you, this is the Prem, we can't have to many wizards in our team. We need grit steel and determination. We need a rigid 4-4-2 away to a team like Blackburn, we need above all to get some shape back into our game.

Free rolls are what you get out the back door of the bakers, not in a game of premiership football.

#19 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:10

I hate to be the messenger of bad news...

http://www.planetspurs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9920

getyacoat.gif

#20 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:11

QUOTE (Stephan @ Feb 1 2011, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't wait to see Kalinic to be honest. I think he's a great prospect. He might not score them for fun but he's playing at Blackburn not a top side. He could be a target for the Summer in my view. Young, tall, good skills. Only needs a bit more time and could be the next big Croatian striker after Olic and Petric.

Exactly the type of player we maybe should've speculated on this window. Someone with the promise to be even better, and could've hit the ground running.

TOMMOSPUR
Don't think that'll happen PnR - whether it's right or wrong I think we'll try and make this 4-5-1 work, especially as VDV is our top scorer, we now only have 3 first team strikers on the books, and are away from home this week against physically tough opposition.

Excellent adroit analysis.

AUSSISPUR
Its interesting how he has probably been our best player this year but some of us are calling for him to be benched. I am not convinced with him as a second striker role either.

With bale out i would be inclined to try to accomodate modric and vdv in our 4 man midfield with palacios and either lennon or pienaar. If that doesnt work we are in the position of choosing either modric or vdv to start

Also agree with that to the point that I change my midfield to it, from what I put up earlier.

PnR
Corluka, Crouch, Palacios, King, Dawson and maybe even Gallas will win an ugly game for you, this is the Prem, we can't have to many wizards in our team. We need grit steel and determination. We need a rigid 4-4-2 away to a team like Blackburn, we need above all to get some shape back into our game.

Free rolls are what you get out the back door of the bakers, not in a game of premiership football.

Whilst I don't fully agree with your assessment on VDV ( Arsenal seem to manage winning away all the time with a s***ty defence, and a team full of VDV's. If ANY of our strikers were scoring, and I don't think the 4-5-1 is an acceptable reason to they aren't, the VDV issue wouldn't exist), all your other talk is giving me semi-wood.

Seriously people, there's some high level s*** getting flung about this forum right now.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users