Planet Spurs Forums: Blackburn Rovers 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Blackburn Rovers 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur Wednesday 2 February, KO: 20:00 GMT, Ewood Park

#221 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 February 2011 - 23:32

QUOTE (Rangers @ Feb 2 2011, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know! That tackle at the end was stupid nearly cost us. We defo lacking firepower upfront - which is what we've been shouting from the rooftops for months! Suarez goes and scores on debut its sods law.

We are stuck with them now, I think it's important we try to give our strikers as much support as we can so they get their confidence up. Don't think all this transfer debacle has done their morale any good and Les needs to put his arm around JD's shoulders and try to remind him how to finish! He's looking low on confidence.

#222 Guest_Rangers_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 23:32

QUOTE (David_Jeenola @ Feb 2 2011, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bloody h*ll Obinna is better than our strikers, wat a goal! We need to scout some of these young players with potential like that. Really wish he kept Keane and played him, don't agree with some saying he's past his best, the man didn't play regularly he's going to bang them in for those dirty spammers.

Keane ain't good enough for Spurs unless your happy finishing outside top 5. He'll do it against the lesser teams but not against any bigger clubs.

#223 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 23:36

QUOTE (Rangers @ Feb 2 2011, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keane ain't good enough for Spurs unless your happy finishing outside top 5. He'll do it against the lesser teams but not against any bigger clubs.

Problem is, our strikers are even finding it hard to score against some of the lesser teams! lol

Just don't think he was given a fair chance in the team, once your in Arry's bad books like good old Bent, Gio etc. It's a long road ahead...

#224 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 23:40

We scored a very good goal tonight, lets praise our own strikers.

#225 Guest_Rangers_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 23:41

QUOTE (David_Jeenola @ Feb 2 2011, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Problem is, we are finding it hard to score against even the lesser teams! lol

Just don't think he was given a fair chance in the team, once your in Arry's bad books like good old Bent, Gio etc. It's a long road ahead...

Yeah fair enough. Managers always have favourites it's part of football. Even supporters have their favourites (and even players they don't like!).

Some people have started to question who Harry is selecting but he sees them every day in the training ground, so he knows best how they are. If he dropped players after 1 bad performance we wouldn't be where we are, it's the players job to perform on the park, once he selects the team he can't go take the penalties himself.

Get Defoe thrown into a bounce game against a championship side get him on the scoresheet. All strikers need is 1 goal and their confidence comes shooting back (literally).

#226 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 23:42

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Feb 2 2011, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We scored a very good goal tonight, lets praise our own strikers.

Don't get me wrong, good goal today. But apart from that we hardly threatend Blackburn too much, only thing that springs to my mind is the one defoe chance and Azza's shot on target.

#227 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 23:45

QUOTE (Rangers @ Feb 2 2011, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get Defoe thrown into a bounce game against a championship side get him on the scoresheet. All strikers need is 1 goal and their confidence comes shooting back (literally).

Agree, He's low on confidence and once he gets his first I am sure he'll be scoring well again. The Crouch Defoe partnership is fine too, Crouch being a holding player and adding the extra dimension to our game and defoe being the on the ball, counter attack/goal poacher type. Must not forget when JD is fit, he works hard for the team tracking back and decent movement around the third half of the pitch.

#228 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 23:46

Sidwell is a dirty focker... Elbow smash on JD over the weekend, today Ameobi fractured cheekbone!

#229 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 23:54

Fair enough, but i personnally don't expect us to over run teams in their own back yard very often. This result and performance should highlight what is needed to win away against this type (of which there are many in the prem) of opposition.

Crouch has to play ahead of Pav away from home. And having watch football first highlights, VDV was all over the pitch but his defending is not of a good standard. We gain from his skills, but we do lose alot defensively.

I asked the question before this game, do we create enough through VDV's flair to warrant what we lose in shape. He created the goal, but his defending is 2nd rate, he puts in alot of effort and i like that about any player (wish Pav would), but he left Charlie exposed on many occasions and players ghost passed him as if he wasn't there sometimes. Unpopular comments, but true.

#230 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 03 February 2011 - 00:01

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Feb 2 2011, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fair enough, but i personnally don't expect us to over run teams in their own back yard very often. This result and performance should highlight what is needed to win away against this type (of which there are many in the prem) of opposition.

Crouch has to play ahead of Pav away from home. And having watch football first highlights, VDV was all over the pitch but his defending is not of a good standard. We gain from his skills, but we do lose alot defensively.

I asked the question before this game, do we create enough through VDV's flair to warrant what we lose in shape. He created the goal, but his defending is 2nd rate, he puts in alot of effort and i like that about any player (wish Pav would), but he left Charlie exposed on many occasions and players ghost passed him as if he wasn't there sometimes. Unpopular comments, but true.

Winning ugly is fine by me, but we had some opportunities today were we could have killed the game almost. To be honest I don't even mind Crouch playing up front just as long as it's with another striker, two strikers for me can only be taken in a positive light. Thought Rafa did alright today, he's not the greatest tackler, started off defensively a bit poor but he ran his nuts off for us tonight and held the ball up well. Hopefully not too much to worry about, the guy is class; Everybody put in a good shift tonight, Sarge is looking decent again minus one or two blips in his passing. But I understand fully that we were exposed on our right moreso because of that. Maybe not a good idea to play those two on the right when facing a team with pacey left wingers, just got to adapt the tactics a bit depending on opposition players I guess.

Rafa has to play, he's a match winner... We need those types of players to be playing.

#231 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 03 February 2011 - 00:11

QUOTE (David_Jeenola @ Feb 3 2011, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Winning ugly is fine by me, but we had some opportunities today were we could have killed the game almost. To be honest I don't even mind Crouch playing up front just as long as it's with another striker, two strikers for me can only be taken in a positive light. Thought Rafa did alright today, he's not the greatest tackler, started off defensively a bit poor but he ran his nuts off for us tonight and held the ball up well. Hopefully not too much to worry about, the guy is class; Everybody put in a good shift tonight, Sarge is looking decent again minus one or two blips in his passing. But I understand fully that we were exposed on our right moreso because of that. Maybe not a good idea to play those two on the right when facing a team with pacey left wingers, just got to adapt the tactics a bit depending on opposition players I guess.

Rafa has to play, he's a match winner... We need those types of players to be playing.

Thats fine, if you want the flair that Rafa offers then i can accept that. As long as we realise what we lose by accommodating his undenyable talents on the ball. Pretty sure Defoe would rather have Lennon on the right wing though.

#232 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:10

QUOTE (ChrisPienaar @ Feb 3 2011, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why the h*ll didnt we sign Suarez sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

We better sign Aguero in the summer thats all im saying getyacoat.gif

Don't know if you noticed but they are 100% skint at Anfield now after their big spending. I swear they had Suarez wear a youth size shirt!!! It was hilarious it was way too small, he looked bit of a puff to be honest laugh.gif

#233 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:08

have to question if well make any signings even then angry2.gif
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#234 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:06

Obinna looked great in pre season for Inter, could tell he was coming on to a game.

#235 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:50

Great win, all the more so because of the manner in which it was acheived. I only saw the highlights on MOTD and did so having avoided the score beforehand...not good for the blood pressure. From the players' point of view re the disappointing cup result, this was a perfect tonic, even more so, I believe, than a cruising 3-0 home win. Hopefully, this will bring home the current need to dig in and grind out results, especially in view of the latest injury crisis. Bolton on Saturday may well prove to be equally as ugly but so long as we win, who cares?

#236 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 03 February 2011 - 15:43

this was a perfect tonic, even more so, I believe, than a cruising 3-0 home win.

Was thinking the exact same myself, last night, but even more extreme as I believe it was better than if we'd won 3-0 away last night!. 3-0 would've given us another false sense of comfort. The battling 1-0 keeps people on their toes, and with the full understanding that we must continue to battle hard. Also, as a team, its even more enjoyable to win a close game, in my experience.

#237 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 03 February 2011 - 17:04

It's a different type of buzz, a bit like a gambler gets a bigger kick from winning back lost money rather than being ahead of the bookie, fear plays a big part.

#238 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 03 February 2011 - 17:30

QUOTE (EuanW @ Feb 3 2011, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was thinking the exact same myself, last night, but even more extreme as I believe it was better than if we'd won 3-0 away last night!. 3-0 would've given us another false sense of comfort. The battling 1-0 keeps people on their toes, and with the full understanding that we must continue to battle hard. Also, as a team, its even more enjoyable to win a close game, in my experience.

True.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users