Planet Spurs Forums: Blackburn Rovers 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Blackburn Rovers 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur Wednesday 2 February, KO: 20:00 GMT, Ewood Park

#41 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 February 2011 - 14:46

QUOTE (special yid @ Feb 2 2011, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ Stuboy: It's bad enough you say we should start Jenas, but you have him on your bench too!! Lol, One of him is bad enough thanks!!

I guarantee if Jenas starts we will play badly and stuggle to get a draw!! He should only be brought on to add some energy late on when we are hopefully in a winning position!!!

COYS!! LETS HOPE THE LADS ARE UP FOR THIS, Could be a season definer??!!

And if we play Pav instead of Crouch we have no out ball if put under pressure at the back, our ball retainer Modric is missing so Lennon in front of Charlie becomes our out-let.

VDV or Lennon? if both play we will have to go gung-ho style which is really starting to wear thin with me. WE ARE AWAY FROM HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tighten it up. Play on the counter with Lennon, put VDV on if we need him, Crouch has got to play, Pav is not a fighter, Defoe is tooooooooooooo small on his own.

Every player needs to put in a strong performance or we will get steam-rollered.

#42 Guest_stuboy72_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 14:53

QUOTE (special yid @ Feb 2 2011, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ Stuboy: It's bad enough you say we should start Jenas, but you have him on your bench too!! Lol, One of him is bad enough thanks!!

And that is why i am not the manager!!!

As i said i know Jenas is unpopular, but apart from Palacios he his the only one who can tackle in the middle.

#43 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 14:54

We don't have to play gung-ho style if we play VDV at CM. It's not VDV's fault if Harry gives him no instruction and lets him wander, its up to Harry to give him instruction to fill Modric's position tonight.

VDV has played that position hundreds of times, he's a lot stronger than Modric and is capable of working his arse off and grafting. I've seen it before on multiple occasions. Do some tactical management Harry !

I'd be more inclined to argue for Crouch, if we was actually capable of shooting on target from further than 3 yards out. I looked on at some of his Liverpool goals with disbelief the other day. Being an outball is fair enough, but he's completely forgotten the 'strike' part of striker.

It's gonna be interesting......

#44 Guest_stuboy72_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 14:55

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Feb 2 2011, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And if we play Pav instead of Crouch we have no out ball if put under pressure at the back, our ball retainer Modric is missing so Lennon in front of Charlie becomes our out-let.

VDV or Lennon? if both play we will have to go gung-ho style which is really starting to wear thin with me. WE ARE AWAY FROM HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tighten it up. Play on the counter with Lennon, put VDV on if we need him, Crouch has got to play, Pav is not a fighter, Defoe is tooooooooooooo small on his own.

Every player needs to put in a strong performance or we will get steam-rollered.

I know Pav is lazy and shows no fight at times, but at least he can score a goal from nothing, unlike Crouch and i think in a tight game, he could be the difference, unlike Crouch.

#45 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 02 February 2011 - 16:18

Crouch may indeed be the better option away from home, but if it is not working I hope he at least gives Pav twenty mins, the guy can be what we need if given the opportunities, I really do believe that!! Then again, Crouch is due a goal!!! rolleyes.gif

#46 Guest_FergoSpurs_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 16:59

QUOTE (EuanW @ Feb 2 2011, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We don't have to play gung-ho style if we play VDV at CM. It's not VDV's fault if Harry gives him no instruction and lets him wander, its up to Harry to give him instruction to fill Modric's position tonight.

VDV has played that position hundreds of times, he's a lot stronger than Modric and is capable of working his arse off and grafting. I've seen it before on multiple occasions. Do some tactical management Harry !

I'd be more inclined to argue for Crouch, if we was actually capable of shooting on target from further than 3 yards out. I looked on at some of his Liverpool goals with disbelief the other day. Being an outball is fair enough, but he's completely forgotten the 'strike' part of striker.

It's gonna be interesting......

Um yes.

he can't shoot... can't control the ball and most worryingly of all seems to have forgotten how to use his head. Add to that his lack of pace and Arry's propensity to use all of these dubious qualities as a lone fecking striker... and Crouchy equals nought points for me. Really disapointed with him over the last couple of months.. but then hs is not and never will be a lone striker so maybe if Arry used him properly I could grow to like him again.

For what it's worth.

I would start:

Gomes

Hutton Gallas (if fit) Bassong BAE

Lennon Palacios Pienaar

VDV

Pav Defoe

#47 Guest_Tommospur_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 17:38

I don't know what all this speculation about the formation is about, Redknapp will not change it now so it's not up for debate.
It'll be 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1, depending on how you see it. And I hate to say it but after winning there with 2 goals from Crouch last year, it's Harry's style to pick him for the same fixture again regardless of current form (or lack of).

#48 Guest_vdvaart-legend_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 17:47

Still depressed from transfer window debacle, no Bale or Modric, current form cr@p, strikers can't score 2-0 to Blackburn......please prove me wrong tonight lads.

#49 Guest_markgrovecarter_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 19:18

TEAM NEWS:
Roque Sants Cruz misses out for Blackburn v Tottenham, who makes five changes from the side beaten 4-0 at Fulham on Sunday, Jermain Defoe, Peter Crouch up front in a 4-4-2 with Rafael van der Vaart on the right and Aaron Lennon on the left. Jonathan Woodgate starts on the bench.

interesting....

TEAM:
Gomes, Corluka, Bassong, Gallas, Ekotto, Lennon, Jenas, Palacios, VDV, Defoe, Crouch

Quite an attacking team!!! Not liking Jenas in there though, prove me wrong Jenas!!!

#50 Guest_Go Team_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 19:21

QUOTE (markgrovecarter @ Feb 2 2011, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1915: TEAM NEWS SNAP
Roque Sants Cruz misses out for Blackburn v Tottenham, who makes five changes from the side beaten 4-0 at Fulham on Sunday, Jermain Defoe, Peter Crouch up front in a 4-4-2 with Rafael van der Vaart on the right and Aaron Lennon on the left. Jonathan Woodgate starts on the bench.

interesting....

Why put Woody on the bench? If we start him and he's off pace we can sub him but if we bring him on and he looks off we're stuck with him!

I guess there'd a few spaces to fill on that bench. Ah well, fingers crossed

#51 Guest_Robspur85_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 19:25

Sod it!

2-1 Away Win - Lennon and Defoe - let's have it!!

I've been too depressed since the close of the window so am being ultra positive. praying.gif

Also any LIVE STREAM LINKS boys?

COYS

#52 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 19:29

QUOTE (Robspur85 @ Feb 2 2011, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sod it!

2-1 Away Win - Lennon and Defoe - let's have it!!

I've been too depressed since the close of the window so am being ultra positive. praying.gif

Also any LIVE STREAM LINKS boys?

COYS

Thats very unlike you Rob, I love it ! Your usually a bit more of a pessimist like I am.

I'll take 3-1 Spurs. Crouch double and a Jenas solo effort !

#53 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 19:32

Hmm. Don't fully understand that team.

VDV is better on the left, Lennon on the right. What the f*** is going on ? VDV cutting in fir Hutton to overlap aint enough a reason. VDV would be better in the middle anyway. Glad Pienaar didn't start.

Glad you aren't our manager, Go Team, thats a ridiculous Woodgate theory! Completely different situation from having a star player, not fully fit, but starting him anyways t try get something from him. Wooders hasn't played in over a year. I'm sure Harry will be hoping he doesn't have to bring him on at all, if we dont have another catastrophe.

#54 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 19:34

QUOTE (EuanW @ Feb 2 2011, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm. Don't fully understand that team.

VDV is better on the left, Lennon on the right. What the f*** is going on ? VDV cutting in fir Hutton to overlap aint enough a reason. VDV would be better in the middle anyway. Glad Pienaar didn't start

I think they are going to swap positions during the match (hopefully) + thinking behind it is that they can cut inside from their respective positions, Azza (dribble in); Rafa (cut in and shoot) < Only logical thing I can think of!

But 4-4-2, FINALLY! grinny.gif

COME ON YOU SPURS!

#55 Guest_Robspur85_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 19:34

QUOTE (EuanW @ Feb 2 2011, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats very unlike you Rob, I love it ! Your usually a bit more of a pessimist like I am.

I'll take 3-1 Spurs. Crouch double and a Jenas solo effort !

I'd say more realist than pessimist mate!!

I am just so annoyed with the window saga that I can't be arsed to be all doom and gloom.....at least until we actually do get beat, then I'll be back to my old self!!

You know what Ewan - 4-2 Spurs , Charlie (header from a corner) and Palacios hat-trick! lmao.gif

#56 Guest_markgrovecarter_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 19:36

Subs:

Cudicini, Pavlyuchenko, Kranjcar, Sandro, Khumalo, Woodgate, Pletikosa

#57 Guest_Foxy_*

Don't know how many of you have heard of it but i've been using www.liveonlinefooty.com for streams for a while and it's so good, it costs but it's only like 6 for 2 months and it's always good quality. Not trying to sell it but it's always been reliable for me. Don't worry about it if you already have good free streams though, just my computer's sh*t and the free streams never worked wel for me..

#58 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

BLACKBURN v TOTTENHAM (2000)
Blackburn: Robinson, Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Olsson, Andrews, Dunn, Jermaine Jones, Hoilett, Roberts, Diouf. Subs: Bunn, Kalinic, Grella, Pedersen, Nzonzi, Mwaruwari, Hanley.

Tottenham: Gomes, Corluka, Gallas, Bassong, Assou-Ekotto, Van der Vaart, Jenas, Palacios, Lennon, Crouch, Defoe. Subs: Cudicini, Pavlyuchenko, Kranjcar, Sandro, Khumalo, Woodgate, Pletikosa.
Referee: Andre Marriner (W Midlands)

#59 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 19:37

loads of links here.. if you havn't got sopcast or veetle instructions below as well

http://www.freefootball.org/upcoming.php?id=a
scroll down to our game & click on it!... full list of streams will appear.. any that say "embedded" will open without downloads when you click on play

or
http://www.footballstreaming.info/streams/todays-links/

scroll down to our game & click on any "browser" link & it will open

or
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=...amp;part=sports
scroll down & click play on any link that says "others"

#60 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 02 February 2011 - 19:37

QUOTE (Robspur85 @ Feb 2 2011, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd say more realist than pessimist mate!!

I am just so annoyed with the window saga that I can't be arsed to be all doom and gloom.....at least until we actually do get beat, then I'll be back to my old self!!

You know what Ewan - 4-2 Spurs , Charlie (header from a corner) and Palacios hat-trick! lmao.gif

Your scorers are more likely than mine !

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users