Planet Spurs Forums: Blackpool 3-1 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Blackpool 3-1 Tottenham Hotspur Tuesday 22 February, KO: 20:00 GMT, Bloomfield Road

#1 Guest_Stephan_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 February 2011 - 17:37

Back to Premier League action after a weekend off.

We'll be looking to keep our winning streak going after beating Blackburn, Bolton, Sunderland and AC Milan. Spurs have been unbeaten in the league for 5 games.

Blackpool are having a tough time in the Premier League as of late. They have lost 5 of their last 6 games. The main problems seem to be defensively as the Tangerines' back line got an average of 2.8 goals scored against them in the last 6 games.

Spurs will be without their Dutch talisman Rafael van der Vaart. He is out with a calf injury which he picked up in training. Gareth Bale will also not travel as he is still recovering from a back injury. Corluka and Woodgate will also be out of the Blackpool clash after picking up injuries in the Champions League game at the San Siro last week. Long term injuries King, Huddlestone and Kaboul are also not fit for Tuesday.

Blackpool are still without their first and second choice goalkeepers Gilks and Rachubka. Other injuries include Crainey, Basham and Clarke.

Neither team are missing players due to suspension.

#2 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 15 February 2011 - 22:13

This is the game that was postponed in December and also a game
we need to win so we can get a gap between us and Chelsea.After a
fabulous game on Tuesday we just need to keep our winning streak
going.For a fan like me who have followed SPURS for 50yrs and more
this is a good time to be a SPURS fan so keep going lads..............
1940Spursman8...COYS///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

#3 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:21

we beat serie a leaders and seven time champion league winners away from home with 3 of our best players out in our last game....

.. now we face the might of blackpool - premier league newboys, on a massive run of bad form with our nearly full strength side.

.... yes, with the spurs of old we all know what would happen. but i have a feeling those days may have passed.

0-1???

#4 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:22

If Sandro and Palacios pull off a similar performance then Tuesday we're in good nick to win this one.

#5 Guest_bracknellyid_*

Posted 17 February 2011 - 13:06

From the San Siro to Bloomfield Road in 7 days.. Love it.

I travelled to Blackpool in December but i have had to pass my ticket onto a mate for the match next week due to work commitments Headbanger.gif

As anybody who has seen them this season will know Blackpool are very open so this means goals at both ends i feel.

With no game in the next two weekends we have no excuse not to win this one. We have no other commitments until March 6th so the strongest possible team must be played and we should win without much problem.

If we do that it willl be 4 away games on the bounce we would have won shock.gif Im sure even our older members will struggle to remember the last time that happened!!

#6 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 17 February 2011 - 18:38

I have no idea what our strongest side is anymore. dancing.gif

#7 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2011 - 18:42

Blackpool are basically just a worse version of us. Concede a lot of goals and score a lot of goals. This could potentially be a crazy scoreline just hope we are on the right side of it. Though with that said how many times has a game of goals ended 0-0. Anyway, if we win we go a point ahead of City and we get some breathing space from Chelsea, very important match.

#8 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:57

Lol, PNR 61!! Neither do I are we best to play Sandro and or Palacios, Modric will come back in but is there a place for Bale anymore??? grinny.gif

We should ave enouh to beat Blackpool, I hope Defoe plays and scores tbh!! Having him on form is the one thing we are missing at present!!

I'll say this should be the line up:

Gomes

Hutton Dawson Gallas BAE

Lennon Modric Sandro Kranjcar
V.D.V
Defoe

Subs: Cud, Bassong, Pienaar, Pav, Crouch, Jenas, Bale??/ palacios

#9 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 18 February 2011 - 14:08

This Defoe's game to get some confidence back up. Dawson being back has meant we are so much more defensively sound, and infact are conceding very little goals.

3-1 Spurs.

#10 Guest_The Slikmeister_*

Posted 18 February 2011 - 16:40

2-0 to Spurs!

#11 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 18 February 2011 - 16:46

Really hard to think which CM pairing we should have, Jenas/Sandro/Palacios have all been playing good lately, and Modric is.. Modric.

#12 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 18 February 2011 - 16:51

I suggest a 4-6-0

Gomes

Hutton
Gallas
Dawson
Ekotto

Lennon Palacios Modric VDV Sandro Bale

grinny.gif

#13 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 18 February 2011 - 17:05

QUOTE (EuanW @ Feb 18 2011, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suggest a 4-6-0

Gomes

Hutton
Gallas
Dawson
Ekotto

Lennon Palacios Modric VDV Sandro Bale

grinny.gif

Ah, Craig Levein's in the house... ph34r.gif

#14 Guest_bracknellyid_*

Posted 18 February 2011 - 17:13

QUOTE (TommoSpur @ Feb 18 2011, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, Craig Levein's in the house... ph34r.gif

All we need now is Euans aggressive Craig Levein esq response to such a system grinny.gif

#15 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 18 February 2011 - 17:16

Except this team would probably grind out a clinical 3-0 win !

Seriously though, thats six midfielders and Kranjcar, and even Jenas, have all played well recently.

Didn't even put big THudder in there either.....

#16 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 18 February 2011 - 17:17

QUOTE (bracknellyid @ Feb 18 2011, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All we need now is Euans aggressive Craig Levein esq response to such a system grinny.gif

How f***ing dare you ask me questions regarding a football match and its tactics. HOW f***ING DARE YOU !!

What do you think I am ?

A football manager ?

No

No

No

I won't answer that, no.

No

Goodbye.

BTW, I'm a big Levein fan from his time at Dundee Utd, but his refusal to answer questions, and general demeanour after that last match with the 4-6-0 was simply unacceptable.

#17 Guest_The Slikmeister_*

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:18

In addition to winning this one 2-0 I think Harry will rotate & our line up, minus Hutton whose injured will be

.....................................Gomes......................................

Gallas. ...............Dawson.............Bassong................BAE

Pienaar...............Sandro........ ......Jenas.............Kranjcar

.......................Pavlyuchenko...........Defoe............. .......

More than good enough to take all 3pts imo!

#18 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 18 February 2011 - 19:49

QUOTE (The Slikmeister @ Feb 18 2011, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In addition to winning this one 2-0 I think Harry will rotate & our line up, minus Hutton whose injured will be

.....................................Gomes......................................

Gallas. ...............Dawson.............Bassong................BAE

Pienaar...............Sandro........ ......Jenas.............Kranjcar

.......................Pavlyuchenko...........Defoe............. .......

More than good enough to take all 3pts imo!

Is Hutton actually injured or was he just dropped due to patchy form? I can't remember seeing him getting an injury, nor have I read anything to suggest he picked up one in training...

#19 Guest_hdhotdog_*

Posted 20 February 2011 - 15:13

Personally I would go.

Gomes,

Hutton, Gallas, Dawson, BAE,

Lennon, Modric, Palacios, Krancjar

Crouch, Defoe

1) Lennon has got to start, we need pace in midfield and without Bale, Lennon becomes vital.

2) Blackpool are good in the air, by playing Crouch he will help up from corners.

3) I would leave Van Der Vaart on the bench unless needed. He has had little injuries since coming here and never given a proper rest. Between the Milan game and Wolves will be nearly 3 weeks, so its ideal if we can maximise that gap to make sure he is fit for the remainder of the season.

4) By dropping VDV it gives Defoe an ideal chance to play off Crouch and hopefully get a goal to boost his confidence.

5) Ive gone for Palacios over Sandro, purely because I still think Wilson is better suited to the pace of the league. While Sandro was great in Milan, I think the european game suits him more at the moment rather than a cold day in Blackpool, where he will be hacked about.

#20 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 20 February 2011 - 15:30

I believe Hutton picked up some kind of injury with Scotland.

However, there seems to be a suggestion of him having thrown some rattles out of the pram at getting dropped, and Harry making subtle references to being pissed off with him. Harry was quoted as saying something along the lines of....

'All the players have been terrific, battling through injuries and being patched up. Well, the ones that are here that is.'

This was in Milan where Hutton never travelled to. He also wasn't in the squad at Sunderland.

I agree with Hotdog about VDV. Put him on bench, bring him off it if need be. There is a chance Harry will play VDV/Defoe though cause Blackpool like to play ball.

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users