Planet Spurs Forums: Blackpool 3-1 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Blackpool 3-1 Tottenham Hotspur Tuesday 22 February, KO: 20:00 GMT, Bloomfield Road

#281 Guest_CO_Spurs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:44

We were over-confident, plain and simple...starting at the top with team selection...

#282 Guest_MattyWright24_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:44

and there is no point us keep winging about no striker being signed in the window, thats done with now!

Yes it probably will cost us 4th spot but we have to try and do something with the players we have tonight

Redknapp knows Pav isnt good enough so why didnt Crouch start???

we should have just played 4-5-1 with Modric behind crouch

No wonder the lads cant get any consistency changing the system week in week out

and when the team and certain players get some consistency redknapp swaps it and the players

redknapp is to blame tonight

#283 Guest_FergoSpurs_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:45

QUOTE (Rangers @ Feb 22 2011, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will cost us the champions league spot. This is the type of a game a good striker would have changed. It's soo blatently obvious aswell.

yep - lost all faith after the window tbh.

bye bye CL, bye bye modric, bye bye Bale, hello mid table mediocrity - I really did feel that way after the window and I still feel that way now.

And what really annoys me is Arry will have a laissez faire attitude to it all - he said today "why should we expect to be in the CL?" - er, howabouts because if we don't then we are going backwards you fcuking muppet??!!!

Total disgrace - been coming since the window though.

#284 Guest_c411um_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:46

I see why Harry doesn't play 4-4-2.

If we had Campbell and Ormerod up top we'd be winning 5-0

I've seen enough of Defoe and pav to last me a lifetime

#285 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:46

Just goes to show how important keeping Bale and VDV fit is. Absolutely innefectual strikers. They only score if someone else does all the hard work, but then again any of us would fit that role wouldnt we! Ship out all 3 strikers in summer Harry! Bring in 3 new ones :@

#286 Guest_Gladiator_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:47

Dont worry guys, in the other video on the Spurs Talk forum Assou-Ekotto said he will stay at Tottenham for life!

#287 Guest_MattyWright24_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:47

FergoSpurs has hit the nail on the head there!!

We need to finish 4th to keep these top players as they all want CL football and unfortunately we probably wont get it

#288 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:48

QUOTE (Rangers @ Feb 22 2011, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ormerod 0-3, game over. Champions league finish starting to be a step too far for us this season.

no excuse, we've had a week since Milan.

Injuries maybe, but not too many games, there's no excuse for tiredness

#289 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:48

QUOTE (MattyWright24 @ Feb 22 2011, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and there is no point us keep winging about no striker being signed in the window, thats done with now!

Yes it probably will cost us 4th spot but we have to try and do something with the players we have tonight

Redknapp knows Pav isnt good enough so why didnt Crouch start???

speak for yourself. pav is way more valuable than defoe. at least pav can aid in buildup play. defoe is literally f***ing useless when he isn't scoring. hes been s*** for a long time now.

ah one more thing,
harry was a dumbass when he mentioned pre-match today that he needed defoe to go one "one of his tears" and score 8 or 9 goals for us. way to heap the pressure on a f***ing non performer!

again, awful day for man management all around.

#290 Guest_stuboy72_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:49

Strongest squad in the league my arse, time for the likes of Pav, Bassong, Jenas, Defoe & BAE to be sold and better players brought in.

Would it really have hurt us to have gone with the same formation against Milan and played for a point, as cleary "Having a go" has backfired tonight and without any sort of plan b we look ordinary.

At this stage of the season is it not important to avoid defeat and edge away from Chelsea, by playing more as we did against Milan, when playing away from home?

I think when people talk about Redknapp reaching his glass ceiling and taking us as far as he can, then this game highlights his failings.

#291 Guest_MattyWright24_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:50

cos we cannot play crouch and pav together and crouch is the better player out the two

back to the drawing board again

#292 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:50

QUOTE (stuboy72 @ Feb 22 2011, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Strongest squad in the league my arse, time for the likes of Pav, Bassong, Jenas, Defoe & BAE to be sold and better players brought in.

Would it really have hurt us to have gone with the same formation against Milan and played for a point, as cleary "Having a go" has backfired tonight and without any sort of plan b we look ordinary.

At this stage of the season is it not important to avoid defeat and edge away from Chelsea, by playing more as we did against Milan, when playing away from home?

I think when people talk about Redknapp reaching his glass ceiling and taking us as far as he can, then this game highlights his failings.

agreed.

#293 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:52

Goodnight lads, one of those results that happen. Its not the end just a blip.

#294 Guest_Rangers_*

Pavlyuchenko deflected shot finds the net.

#295 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

QUOTE (MattyWright24 @ Feb 22 2011, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cos we cannot play crouch and pav together and crouch is the better player out the two

back to the drawing board again

says who? you?

do you really think that we need defoes pace when we have been sitting in their half all night? do you really think we need to beat a team like blackpool on the counter?

pav and crouch would have at least given us two aerial targets up top.

pav's finishing is EMBARASSING but defoes all around play has been far worse.

f***ing useless pair of strikers really.

#296 Guest_Rangers_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:53

Full time 1-3.

#297 Guest_MattyWright24_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:55

ha ha your right useless pair of strikers

end of the day awful performance all round and a bad night

#298 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:56

our strikers a s***e and imo i don't even think we really tried to bring one in the window f***ing disgrace

#299 Guest_CO_Spurs_*

"You can beat AC Milan, Tottenham Hotspur, but not Blackpool!" Quote from the broadcast.

As embarrassing as this loss is, I'm still really glad we got that goal at the end. It means nothing except that people can't add more insult to injury and say they recorded their only home clean sheet against us.

Perspective: it's a terrible loss, but it's only our second in the league since November or whenever it was since Everton ended our streak. We beat other teams away in the last 3 games that we don't normally beat, so on the whole we're still OK. Major missed chance, but we're still within one game of both City and Chelsea.

#300 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

What a disgrace, f***ing promising positon before the game; players didn't even bother turning up tonight. f***ing stroll in the park for the lads, Bassong defending like its a Sunday league match, striker misfiring. Don't understand why he took of Pienaar who was by far our best player on the pitch this game; Defoe needs to be dropped asap!

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users