Planet Spurs Forums: Blackpool 3-1 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Blackpool 3-1 Tottenham Hotspur Tuesday 22 February, KO: 20:00 GMT, Bloomfield Road

#301 Guest_Vinny_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:58

Mmmm, could say an awful lot, but I'll refrain - wasn't our night tonight.

A couple of things though...

1) Our strikers are f***ing appalling. We cannot rely on the midfield to bail us out game after game. I know not everyone is his biggest fan around here, but Crouch has to start. Even if he doesn't score, at least he provides something. The other two do nothing.

2) Can Khumalo be any worse than Bassong??! He had a f***ing stinker tonight! We have been hit terribly by injuries, particularly at the back,and have dealt with it better than most teams would under the circumstances. But I think whoever suggested we should have kept Dawson and Gallas together tonight was right (in hindsight).

All this chat about how many points we're gonna get off whichever games... I worry as, despite our last couple of wins away from home, we have a lot of games against sides battling for their lives who will make life difficult for us like tonight - it doesn't suit us. Plus, our goal difference is a shambles, effectively like a -1 point deduction.

Still - it's in our hands. There's a long way to go. Hopefully the 10/11 day break will see some defenders back. Would be nice to know what's happened to Hutton too.

#302 Guest_Lizardtongue_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:59

I AM KNOW CRYING.........................................IN BEER.............................. SAD FACE
SAD FACE..........................COYS SORT OF BUT HEY JUST A BLIP, BUT WE NEED FRESH STRIKER OR TWO.....................PLEASE HELP....SAD FACE..

#303 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 21:59

QUOTE (David_Jeenola @ Feb 22 2011, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a disgrace, f***ing promising positon before the game; players didn't even bother turning up tonight. f***ing stroll in the park for the lads, Bassong defending like its a Sunday league match, striker misfiring. Don't understand why he took of Pienaar who was by far our best player on the pitch this game; Defoe needs to be dropped asap!

if pienaar was the best my god he must have had one h*ll of a first half. in the second, all i saw him do was refuse to use his left foot and shoot balls into row Z.

#304 Guest_The Slikmeister_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 22:00

Just when we all thought we were past that 'same old Spurs' tag back it comes!
Pav & Defoe were f***ing awefull.
IMO this was a MUST win game if we were to stand a chance of CL qualification next season.
Bunch of tossers!
Absolutely f***ing livid, ArrrrHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
c***S!

#305 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 22:01

QUOTE (Vinny @ Feb 22 2011, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would be nice to know what's happened to Hutton too.

as far as i can tell he is either injured or had a mild bust up with harry over team selection where harry likely told him to tend to his injuries at home and not travel with the squad.

its all in the subtext though, just speculation.

#306 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 22:03

QUOTE (SevenSteps2Kevin @ Feb 22 2011, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if pienaar was the best my god he must have had one h*ll of a first half. in the second, all i saw him do was refuse to use his left foot and shoot balls into row Z.

First half he was def our best player on the pitch I thought he didn't do that bad in the second half, we had more impetus on the game when he was on the pitch imo.

#307 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 22:03

Say bye bye to Champions League. It's over now. If you can't win against Blackpool you're simply not good enough. The team selection was poor. Becks hasn't learned ANYONE how to strike a ball it seems and Defoe looks like he has been threatened by the maffia not to ever score a goal again in his life. When I saw Pienaar and Bassong in the line-up I knew it was going to be one of those nights. Bassong is the biggest bad luck charm since Bale.

'Arry shocking, Bassong shocking, Defoe shocking beyond belief.

We just gave away the best chance we got in the last 5 seasons. It was there on a golden platter, but we f***ed it up. If we had got 3rd we were on a serious roll and confidence would be at an absolute high point. Now we're back in the scrap with f***ing Chavski and $hitty. Forget about it...

I'm livid, absolutely livid getyacoat.gif

#308 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 22:07

QUOTE (Stephan @ Feb 22 2011, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bassong is the biggest bad luck charm since Bale.

He's not a bad luck charm, he's just s***!

#309 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 22 February 2011 - 22:08

What a disaster this game turned out to be we did have our chances but nobody
could put them away but I am not taking anything away from Blackpool they played
a good game and out classed us on the night.Their goalkeeper was in good form and
more than I can say for our strikers.This has to tell us that in the summer Harry needs
to get in 2 strikers that knows where the net is.Pav's late screamer counts for nothing
to me as to why did he not do it earlier in the game.So our 3rd place in the league
goes up in smoke against a team fighting off relegation..I need say no more (gutted)
1940Spursman8...coys////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// / angry2.gif

#310 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 22:09

alright guys, im out. can't take anymore thinking about this game because its making me depressed.

two weeks off. i hope redknapp, bassong, pav and defoe gets their f***ing s*** together.

maybe the fitness fairy will come around and return some of our top XI. that would be something.

#311 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 22:11

QUOTE (SevenSteps2Kevin @ Feb 22 2011, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as far as i can tell he is either injured or had a mild bust up with harry over team selection where harry likely told him to tend to his injuries at home and not travel with the squad.

its all in the subtext though, just speculation.

Yeh, it's a funny one... the fact that the official site hasn't reported him as injured leads me to think it's something else, as it's usually very reliable in that sense.

I thought Pienaar played well today, just lacked an end product unfortunately... and pisses me off that he doesn't ever use his left.

Disappointing, but it's not the end of the world folks, we are still very much in amongst it. Another tough away game next though, and we need to bounce back from this one.

Thought it summed up our night that the only way we managed to get a goal, despite all our chances, was some horrible deflected hit and hope at the end!

#312 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 22:11

QUOTE (David_Jeenola @ Feb 22 2011, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's not a bad luck charm, he's just s***!

He's both. He was s*** against Villa, s*** against Twente and s*** at Fulham in FA Cup. He's just useless!

#313 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 22:19

I'm still scratching my head over tonight, oh well. Dubious about our chances now for top 4 pos; will be an interesting two weeks, let's pray to God that results go our way. praying.gif

#314 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 22:25

The reactionary doom merchants have spoken !

Win away to Wolves is how we make up for this mess.

There are many twists and turns left till the end of the season, more wins, and you can bet one or two more losses. I suggest the coriander be brought out, people !

Hopefully we'll have VDV and Hutton back. Maybe even Bale, although he may be rightly or wrongly rested for Milan match. King could also be back for Wolves to potentially step in, if required. If we can pull the odd game out of him when Gallas/Dawson cant play together, it'll get us through some games.

#315 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 22:36

Yeah the break will hopefully put a spring back in our step, Chelski are playing Man Yoo too so that could be a potential tough one for them.

#316 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 22:52

QUOTE (EuanW @ Feb 22 2011, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suggest the coriander be brought out, people !

Sharesies please Euan... think we all need some after that.

Has anyone else noticed we barely have any games in march, then masses in april? Add in possible next round of Champions League... need some players back by then.

It's gonna be a rollercoaster folks... and it aint even started yet!

#317 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 22 February 2011 - 22:56

As usual we are taking a defeat as the end of the world, its bitterly disappointing but with Bale, VDV, Huddlestone and Corluka coming back into the side things should be on the up? Oh and Defoe cannot possibly get any worse....

#318 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 23:41

Charlie Adam's booking means he is suspended for the game against... Chelsea. Not our night!

#319 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 23 February 2011 - 00:47

QUOTE (ChrisPienaar @ Feb 22 2011, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As usual we are taking a defeat as the end of the world, its bitterly disappointing but with Bale, VDV, Huddlestone and Corluka coming back into the side things should be on the up? Oh and Defoe cannot possibly get any worse....

We should send Defoe out on loan to Rotherham or something. He was so shocking that he might just get one single goal in the remainder of League 2 season. Then he'll be back for next season....

Seriously, I don't like flame a player like that but Defoe really needs a kicking because he is so shocking but on top of that he makes Pav look like a busy player at times. Just looks like he is in a comatose state at the moment, his first touch is non-existent. Never seen him this bad.

#320 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:25

So we are essentially in march and defoe is yet to score this season
Pav is completly f***ing useless
Keane is gone

So who do we play upfront for the final 10 games of the season? I suppose it has to be crouch and VDV.

I just cannot see the point in continuing with defoe. Do we look in the reserves maybe? I just dont get it.

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users