Planet Spurs Forums: Blackpool 3-1 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Blackpool 3-1 Tottenham Hotspur Tuesday 22 February, KO: 20:00 GMT, Bloomfield Road

#321 Guest_Darren_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:07

surly we must have someone at the club that can get goals as a striker i'd try Bale there lol or even recall Kane i really do think they would do better then our current strikers surly it cannot be hard when they get given 20-30 chances in a game

#322 Guest_sussex yid_*

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:18

Im all for giving Kane a chance lets face it can he be any worse.....

I hope Mr Levy is out there looking for a new strike force NOW and not waiting untill the last hour of the summer transfer window, he should have learnt a lesson from the Modric deal in quick and steal a gem !!

#323 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:48

It was a bad result and awful performance, but lets hope it is a blip and we can get back to winning ways again!! At least we are creating chances even if we have no one to finish them!! I thought Lennon looked good, when Bale and V.d.V are back it's all about them three and Crouch up top on his own from now on for me!!

Defoe will be lucky to stay beyond the summer imho!! Love the guy bu he has looked shocking of late!!

#324 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 23 February 2011 - 13:36

QUOTE (aussispurs @ Feb 23 2011, 05:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So we are essentially in march and defoe is yet to score this season
Pav is completly f***ing useless
Keane is gone

So who do we play upfront for the final 10 games of the season? I suppose it has to be crouch and VDV.

I just cannot see the point in continuing with defoe. Do we look in the reserves maybe? I just dont get it.

Bostock and Kane? I don't know man we're hopeless at this stage so we might just throw youngsters at it who are hungry for it.

#325 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 23 February 2011 - 13:40

Something tells me that if VDV had been on the pitch last night, we wouldn't have lost.

We've become pretty reliant on his passion, fire and finishing.

#326 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 23 February 2011 - 13:47

QUOTE (EuanW @ Feb 23 2011, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Something tells me that if VDV had been on the pitch last night, we wouldn't have lost.

If we had Hudd think we could've steadied things too. Hudd brings a lot of calm to our team in midfield. He pings the ball around and is always there when needed.

#327 Guest_bracknellyid_*

Posted 23 February 2011 - 13:56

QUOTE (EuanW @ Feb 23 2011, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Couldnt agree more. His ability in the penalty box is outstanding but the others do not even come close. Worrying!!

I like the wording of pretty reliant rather than too reliant as well Euan.

A West Ham supporting colleague was nearly thrown out of the window this morning after declaring we are no better than them without VDV. His proof? They beat Blackpool!!

Its safe to say that little muppet is on toilet cleaning duties this afternoon.

It takes a big tough man to pull rank in those situations dancing.gif

#328 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 23 February 2011 - 14:14

QUOTE (Stephan @ Feb 23 2011, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we had Hudd think we could've steadied things too. Hudd brings a lot of calm to our team in midfield. He pings the ball around and is always there when needed.

Wasn't really our problem when we miss 4 billion chances !!

There's no way they would've scored three had we taken our chances either.,, but his presence certainly wouldnt have hurt !

Couldnt agree more. His ability in the penalty box is outstanding but the others do not even come close. Worrying!!

I like the wording of pretty reliant rather than too reliant as well Euan.

A West Ham supporting colleague was nearly thrown out of the window this morning after declaring we are no better than them without VDV. His proof? They beat Blackpool!!

Its safe to say that little muppet is on toilet cleaning duties this afternoon.

It takes a big tough man to pull rank in those situations

hahahah, pikey llittle spammers deserve nothing less !

VDV would've had a field day in and around the box last night

#329 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 23 February 2011 - 14:25

I reckon VDV would have had a field day yesterday too, but without him we should have started Kranjcar, the only other person likely to score from in and around the box at the mo!!

#330 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 23 February 2011 - 15:06

I never saw the game last night but have just seen a few 'highlights' courtesy of some website. I despair when I see challenges like that of Bassong...what the bloody h*ll was he thinking of? Giving away a goal like that changes everything...immediately we are chasing the game. I understand that the second goal was a breakaway...chances are, we would never have been caught light at the back, in the way that we were, had we not been desperately trying to cancel out that initial error in the first place!
I know that we have been crippled with injuries again this season and Euan might well be right about VDV's absence, but results this year make it quite clear that there are no weak teams in the PL anymore which is why it is so important to eliminate stupid, unnecessary errors.
There are few, if any, positives to take from last night although the forthcoming 10 day rest might at least enable us to get one or two players back. The next couple of results will be pivotal...we cannot afford anything other than three points at Molyneaux. If we make chronic mistakes in that game we are likely to lose, with or without VDV.
The more I think about last night's result, the more pissed off I become. angry2.gif

#331 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 23 February 2011 - 15:09

QUOTE (GJHSpurs @ Feb 23 2011, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never saw the game last night

Lucky for some... wink1.gif

#332 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 23 February 2011 - 15:25

but results this year make it quite clear that there are no weak teams in the PL

Bizarrely, I think Blackpool looked terrible last night. They looked like a clinical Torquay Utd. Leaving our forwards out of it, we played poor yet still carved them open with ease all night.

On a normal day, with strikers that aren't tantamount to single cell amoeba's, and without Bassong, it would've been a regulation 5-1 Carling Cup third round dispatching of a poor team.

#333 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 23 February 2011 - 15:32

I thought it was a bit like a Prem side going away to a lower division side in a Cup game... they worked their nuts off, got behind the ball, throwing themselves at blocks and clearing off the line - essentially riding their luck all the way to get a result. 4 times in 5, we'd have won that game.

#334 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2011 - 16:03

Im still in a state of shock today. I cannot explain to myself how we lost 3-1, If that lucky Pav goal had gone in even 10/20 minutes before there is no way we wouldve lost that match. Our strikers really are a shambles. Defoe who was the only one i thought we should keep realisticly is looking like our worst striker at the moment. Pav missed so many great chances and Crouch had absolutely no impact when he came on. What scares me more is that we are stuck with those 3 till the end of the season and if they cant score against the most open team in the league with the number of chances they got then who can they score against. I pray that may God keep VDV and Bale safe as they are the only source of goals I can see. Also where the f*** is Huddlestone, thought hed be back at least on the bench by now. The strikers could use his passing to at least get 1 more goal before the seasons over!

#335 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 23 February 2011 - 16:06

Having heard 'Arry after the match he should take one for the team as well. He is moaning about missed chances but his negative team selection was the biggest mistake of the night.

At a time where none of our forwards is hitting the ground running yet Niko has bagged 6 points for us recently I can't think of any reason not to play him against Blackpool.

The Jenas substitution was laughable as well. We all know Jenas is not a great goal scorer and is medicore in defensive duties yet 'Arry brings him on while we're 2-0 down and both our forwards were probably capable of missing a strike at a white elephant.

We should've started with Crouch instead of Defoe and Kranjcar for Pienaar and possibly also Sandro since he's better going forward than Palacios. Starting all guns blazing, getting in front in whatever fashion and bring home the points and rest players like Modric and Gallas when things are looking solid. Luka only played an hour after surgery yet 'Arry took a gamble by playing him the full 90 mintues. I wonder how people would've thought about 'Arry's management when Luka got injured while we were losing 3-0...

#336 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 23 February 2011 - 23:10

I was fine with Harry's team selection before the game, the team he picked was/should have been good enough to get the result. Giving away an early lead was not part of Harry's plan, once that happened we all wished Kranky was on the pitch.

I don't think we can blame Harry for the way the game went, clearances off the line, missed point blank headers. He had no choice with his back 4, and we defended poorly from the start. Our problems escalated from that.

#337 Guest_dannymc_*

Posted 23 February 2011 - 23:56

going by the law of averages,our fowards in the coming weeks are going to bag a glut of goals!!!! praying.gif praying.gif

#338 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 24 February 2011 - 00:57

QUOTE (dannymc @ Feb 24 2011, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
going by the law of averages,our fowards in the coming weeks are going to bag a glut of goals!!!! praying.gif praying.gif

If that will happen I guess all pundits and experts in football should just quit their job and become pro golfers or something. Like Ollie said... "the game has gone maaad" laugh.gif

#339 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 24 February 2011 - 14:50

No one missed any point blank headers PnR!! Pav had two good powerful headers SAVED by Kingson!! It just was not our night and Harry should have started Kranjcar and Maybe Crouch for Pav!! But even still with the team we put out there we should have battled to a win, not turned up expecting to win and ending up loosing!!!

#340 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 24 February 2011 - 22:00

QUOTE (special yid @ Feb 24 2011, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No one missed any point blank headers PnR!! Pav had two good powerful headers SAVED by Kingson!! It just was not our night and Harry should have started Kranjcar and Maybe Crouch for Pav!! But even still with the team we put out there we should have battled to a win, not turned up expecting to win and ending up loosing!!!

In your eagerness to jump to the defence of Pav you have missed the point of my post. How can Harry be blamed for missed chances of which there were many, Would starting either Crouch or Kranky have stopped us from conceding a penalty early on. Hindsight is a wonderfull thing.

As for the headers, the first one was not a good header, the second was better. Granted, the keeper got lucky with the 2nd header, the 1st was straight at him because Pav had to generate some power and in doing so could not direct the ball either side of the keeper. I'm not hanging Pav for it, but some seem to want to blame harry for them, because if they went in his line up would have been ok.

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users