Planet Spurs Forums: Blackpool 3-1 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Blackpool 3-1 Tottenham Hotspur Tuesday 22 February, KO: 20:00 GMT, Bloomfield Road

#341 Guest_EuanW_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 February 2011 - 22:58

The game was lost by our players, not the manager. We should've won 6-1.

That is all.

#342 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 25 February 2011 - 00:01

QUOTE (EuanW @ Feb 24 2011, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is all.

AMEN.

#343 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:06

QUOTE (EuanW @ Feb 24 2011, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is all.

I respect your views but have you heard 'Arry's post match interviews?

It was ass-covering left, right and centre! I really hate that about him and he does it on quite some occasions, whipping out the "when I arrived here" and "the fans are enjoying some of the best football in the last 10 years here" quotes.. He didn't exactly use those this time but at least take some responsibility for crying out loud. It's like talking about "we" when you're winning and "they" (as in the players) when we're losing.

He should at least take some flack for not intervening earlier on. In my view his starting line-up was flawed, but even if you disagree with that you have to admit he brought on Crouch way too late.

#344 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:39

Sorry if you feel I am just trying to defend Pav, but that is not the case, just pointing out that no one missed any point blank headers ala Darren Bent (Sandra coulda scored that)!! nice1.gif

I agree that we failed defensively, but do maintain that perhaps starting Crouch and more so Kranjcar may have been a better option.. But as you say Hindsight and all that!! However to not start a guy who has basically won you six points on the trot is bad management in my book, what more could he possibly do to get a start?? And with VDV out he is our best scoring midfielder, not Piennar!! Lol

#345 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 25 February 2011 - 19:00

QUOTE (special yid @ Feb 25 2011, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry if you feel I am just trying to defend Pav, but that is not the case, just pointing out that no one missed any point blank headers ala Darren Bent (Sandra coulda scored that)!! nice1.gif

I agree that we failed defensively, but do maintain that perhaps starting Crouch and more so Kranjcar may have been a better option.. But as you say Hindsight and all that!! However to not start a guy who has basically won you six points on the trot is bad management in my book, what more could he possibly do to get a start?? And with VDV out he is our best scoring midfielder, not Piennar!! Lol

I would say that Harry could have brought Crouch on earlier, this was his decision to make. I also thought he could have put Wilson at RB and moved Gallas into the middle, taking off Bassong and bringing on Jenas into CM at 1-0.

I maintain that the reasons he went for Pienaar ahead of Kranky were valid before we kicked off
Pav played instead of Crouch, not instead of Defoe, and it was fine before kick-off as it has to be used at some point, and with VDV out and us playing a straight forward 4-4-2 there was no better time to do it.

The headers were point blank range, if your saying he still had to beat the keeper then i agree. Either way, i would expect a professional football player to not give the keeper any chance from that range with an unchallenged header and time to pick his spot. And just so people don't think i'm having a go at Pav, it wasn't Harry's fault that Modric didn't execute his deft chip with a bit more on it either, but Messi cocked one of those up against scum, although that was Guardiolas fault. grinny.gif

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users