Planet Spurs Forums: Blackpool 3-1 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Blackpool 3-1 Tottenham Hotspur Tuesday 22 February, KO: 20:00 GMT, Bloomfield Road

#41 Guest_Stephan_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 February 2011 - 14:17

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26...6771717,00.html

The bit after the silly "man love" question is simply hilarious! lmao.gif

#42 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 15:26

haha yeah, I saw this yesterday, Ian Holloway is simply genius.

I hope Blackpool stay up purely so he doesn't leave the league. Although, he may manage to get another PL job

#43 Guest_Go Team_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 16:24

Not just to do with this game but we have some amount of talent in midfield don't we?

Even with Bale, VDV and Hudd out we still have a range of options accross the park and I'm confident most of the combinations are more than enough to beat blackpool. If we'd that range of talent upfront we'd be aiming to win the CL not qualify for it!

#44 Guest_bracknellyid_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 16:29

QUOTE (EuanW @ Feb 22 2011, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although, he may manage to get another PL job

If he does i hope he drops the whole love in attitude he has adopted. "Its an honour, hes great, there great, were small, how can we match them, everybody is great"

I like him and he has been great value but if he were to take a job at a bigger club he needs to drop the whole rabbit caught in the headlights act as he devalues the club he is working for.

Rant over

#45 Guest_Lizardtongue_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 16:29

lmao.gif that skysports link fuuny as.show me the man love what tooser reporter anyway it wil be a good game tonight for sure coys all day long, regards Lizard................................................

#46 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 16:33

My main concern tonight is the attitude; I don't doubt that 'Arry will impress upon the players the importance of not adopting an 'It's only Blackpool' approach, but sub-consciously it could easily slip into some players' psyche, which could be disastrous.
I think we have enough players and options available, despite the injuries (when will they end for Christ's sake?) to beat Blackpool, but with Spurs, you never know; it was about this time last year that we lost at Molyneaux.
If Modric is fully fit then I would certainly start him...class is a crucial factor in games like these. For the reasons already stated, I think a more defensive player should line up alongside him...WP or Sandro can do this job. It might be a good idea to go for Pienaar's more robust style over Kranjar, but I would like to see the latter get a decent run in the second half, if possible.
This is one of those games which, if we had a full side out, we could win by three clear goals, but we haven't got a full side out so I expect it will be close. praying.gif

#47 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 16:44

QUOTE (bracknellyid @ Feb 22 2011, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If he does i hope he drops the whole love in attitude he has adopted. "Its an honour, hes great, there great, were small, how can we match them, everybody is great"

I like him and he has been great value but if he were to take a job at a bigger club he needs to drop the whole rabbit caught in the headlights act as he devalues the club he is working for.

Rant over

Blackpool and their manager are good for the league this season, but like all these types of clubs it soon wears off

Remember Wimbledon and the loveable crazy gang? In the end no one liked them.

I like Blackpool, but if they take points off us tonight i won't, olly will milk the minnow routine all season long and it becomes boring....................if they beat you rolleyes.gif

#48 Guest_Foxy_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 17:34

2 goals for JD tonight to start him off the the 20 goals he's gonna get by the end of the season. You heard it here first x

#49 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 17:53

shed loads of streams tonight as well!!..

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=...amp;part=sports

http: //www.footballstreaming.info/streams/todays-links/

http://www.freefootball.org/upcoming.php? id=a

& the u.s law couldn't keep them down!!.. for those of you without sopcast there back nice1.gif
http://atdhenet.tv/

#50 User is online   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 22 February 2011 - 18:23

Cannot believe we are not being shown on anywhere, sky couldve at least put us on ss4 sad.gif

Streams will have to do

#51 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 18:35

QUOTE (ChrisPienaar @ Feb 22 2011, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cannot believe we are not being shown on anywhere, sky couldve at least put us on ss4 sad.gif

Streams will have to do

CL on sky

#52 User is online   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 22 February 2011 - 18:53

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Feb 22 2011, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CL on sky

Yeye but thats 2 matches and soccer special couldve put us too lol, or let ITV put some prem games

#53 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 19:12

TEAM - Gomes; Gallas, Dawson, Bassong, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Modric, Palacios, Pienaar; Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

#54 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 19:13

Our subs are...Cudicini, Khumalo, Jenas, Kranjcar, Rose, Sandro and Crouch.

#55 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 19:13

Start for Pav ?

Lets hope he does something with it, one of our strikers have to start scoring. Pav had a decent outing against Sunderland and put a bit of rare dig in. More of the same please.....

#56 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 19:31

Decent line up, bit worried about hutton though, only one backup defender on the bench! Headbanger.gif Hopefully time for our strikers to shine, COYS!

#57 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 19:32

3-1 Spurs...
Seems 'Arry has decided it'll be Crouch alone or Defoe and Pav in partnership, which IMO is the best use of our current striking resources.
crest.gif

#58 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 19:34

I'm happy with that side

Pav needs to work hard, help us by fighting for the ball if we need to go long on occassion to re-lease the counter. Its up to Super Pav rolleyes.gif

Khumalo is only CB cover. Could get scary praying.gif

#59 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 19:34

Blackpool v Tottenham line-ups

Blackpool: Kingson, Eardley, Cathcart, Evatt, Baptiste, Vaughan, Sylvestre, Adam, Campbell, Beattie, Kornilenko.
Subs: Halstead, Southern, Ormerod, Phillips, Carney, Puncheon, Reid.

Tottenham: Gomes, Gallas, Dawson, Bassong, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Palacios, Modric, Pienaar, Pavlyuchenko, Defoe.
Subs: Cudicini, Jenas, Crouch, Kranjcar, Rose, Sandro, Khumalo.

#60 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 19:41

I agree with you PnR, but would also like to add that its up to Harry to play to the strengths of the people on the pitch.

Pav plays best when we are playing the ball on the deck with shorter passing. His link up play is far better and more productive with this style, as he is more suited to it than jossling for long balls. As a team, we have the players to play this way. Against Blackpool we should be able to get a hold of the ball for big enough passages of play to adopt this style a bit more, imo.

Pav must put good dig in again, though.

BTW - what channel are our sopcast users going with tonight ?

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users